Manicures

Pop-I

I'd love to answer your question but I can't get into the page! In your already booked section, under purchase, you can access the spa page and they should have a downloadable brochure with prices. At this point on mine, it says Explorer can't find the page, so I have no answers! Keep checking. Might pop up.

There are the up-sell manis, and that's fine, but i need one every week, and have little patience.

Maybe I'll try Smartcookies' advice on maintenance, but I don't garden or cook or do dishes at home and still need a mani every 7 days.

I found a way into the spa booklet but it didn't have prices in it but I checked some prices from last year on the Legend. The fire and ice manicure was $60 but that was more than the basic. They also have something they refer to as a "2 week manicure" but they refer to shellac all the time so you may be out of luck. The same company runs the spas fleet wide so I assume that the prices would be standard. They are destination spa prices, not your local salon, which I'm sure you realize. And I bet they would do a basic if you asked them and probably apply your polish if you take it with you.

I don't remember the price, but when I had the basic manicure on the quest this winter there was a very limited selection of polish. I would recommend you take your own. They had a much larger selection of polish for the shellac manicures.

all of that info helps. $34 is fine. i have no patience as it is, so sitting for more than 1/2 hour w/o being able to use my hands drives me crazy. i love a pedi on a cruise, however, as that truly is the only time i relax, with glass of wine or champagne, of course. glad you all told me to bring my own polish.

I had a basic mani on the quest in dec and it was about $34, which included gratuity. It was not a great mani, but it was ok.

I am getting a great visual of hands set ablaze then plunged into an ice bucket (filled with champagne, of course.)

I haven't had the fire and ice manicure, but the pedicure is fabulous. You receive a traditional pedicure. The highlight for me is the exfoliating, cooling scrub and the heated frangipani monoi oil massage, both of which are done from the tips of the toes to almost the knees.

Smartcookie, you can order any drink you want while you are in the spa. Create your own fire and ice.:D

I haven't had the fire and ice manicure, but the pedicure is fabulous. You receive a traditional pedicure. The highlight for me is the exfoliating, cooling scrub and the heated frangipani monoi oil massage, both of which are done from the tips of the toes to almost the knees.

Smartcookie, you can order any drink you want while you are in the spa. Create your own fire and ice.:D

What fun...can you imagine what color(s) I'll end up picking? :eek:

I was supposed to have a basic pedi on Sojourn in February. The price they quoted me when I booked it was $54. When I went to pay the bill, it was $76. Somehow, they had given me an "extra" benefit of a leg massage, which was so brief, I hadn't really felt it was an extra. And the technician sawed a hole in my toe with the file!

Needless to say I was not happy with my treatment. I did question the extra charge, but got nowhere (how can you return a massage given in error?) I didn't really expect to feel swindled on such an upmarket cruise, and was very disappointed. I would have had two or three pedicures, since it was a long cruise, but you can understand why I never went back, and just did my own pedicure after that.

Archived