Review of Golden Princess Cruise to Inside Passage-Alaska, May, 2013

lovelearnteach

I feel this review..........  

88 members have voted

1. 1. I feel this review..........

• was insightful.
    • was entertaining.
    • was average
    • is a waste of precious time and cyber space.
    • was one of the worst I've read.
    • I'm unsure how I feel.

After our M&M we head to lunch. First we stop by Crown Grill to see if chicken curry is on the English Pub Lunch menu, it's not so off to the dinning room for lunch. So we sat with a group of chatters and I was so busy chatting I forgot to take any pix of lunch, sorry. I totally flaked out as I had my camera right there with me. Plus this is the lunch we had the incident with the rude waiter, so I'm totally blaming it all on him :p:D. After lunch we went and sat on the promenade deck then went up top and ocean and people watched for awhile. We went to the champagne art auction, just for the free champagne, I had about 4 or 5 glasses :D, greedy much. Then we went back to our cabin to lazily get ready for dinner. Tonight is the first formal night, and more free champagne :D. Terry decides he doesn't want to get dressed up and is not going to the MDR for dinner. Well I didn't drag this damn suit around all of creation to not wear it!

I started with a Crabmeat and Monterey Jack Cheese Quiche very yummy. Then I had Creamy Asparagus soup, wonderfully delicious. For an entree I got Shrimp Daniele, again very good. For dessert I got Banana's Foster Flambe, which I ate so fast I didn't take a pic, and Oreo Cookie Crusted Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie, which how could you go wrong with some of the best stuff in the world :p:D:).

1792769817_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013966.jpg.2291e5c19e7aad93719c8e17f32a9ca5.jpg

1986784679_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013967.jpg.1de434c80c06dce540eebe6068552e24.jpg

725358467_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013968.jpg.9b031fd1711170a22a8370f96b6e2c7b.jpg

1430666351_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013970.jpg.f49a5d214664c87dddf9231abb1d1c02.jpg

After dinner I head back to the cabin to get the heck out of that hot suit. This cruise I was not the only one complaining about how hot it was on the ship. A little after me Terry came in, and we decided to watch a movie and then go to bed as we have to up early tomorrow for Ketchikan. As a matter of fact the next 3 days is going to be a marathon, so we need to rest up now.

That concludes day 3 of our Alaskan Vacation. It was a good day, we didn't do much which is exactly what we wanted to do :). Oh and I forgot we saw our first whale today. It was at dinner, and it was surprisingly close to the ship. Our table was right by a window, and at all times someone was on whale watch :D. Not sure what kind of whale, but not Orca, Blue or Humpback, it was a smaller species whale, but larger than a dolphin. Couldn't have been more than 15' from the ship. We got 3 glances at it before it was out of sight. So that was just super awesome, that alone was worth the trip for me. But the best is yet to come :D:).

Tues. May 14th, it's a rainy and chilly morning. Ketchikan is so darn picturesque, and actually the rain only adds to the beauty of this town and surrounding mountains. We have to meet for our tour to Saxman Native Village at 9a.m. that I booked with Princess. They only do the dancing for the cruise ships, it's a deal they have with them, so if you go on your own you won't get to see the dancing. Unless you were willing to shell out a good of money for a private show. So for $40pp it was well worth it, as we really enjoyed the dancing, as well as the narrated tour. So I got a few pix of where were docked from the promenade before heading to the dinning room that opens at 7a.m. for breakfast.

1655874435_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013971.jpg.5744dabf1c567d9747495e3d716a6d0b.jpg

772689040_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013975.jpg.f2651238345926939a5c14b10b7f52b0.jpg

1760691409_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013977.jpg.45f89cadc457914c9263292daa3c6937.jpg

1186609369_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013982.jpg.5b0554ce8fe7c4370785c702aed79f43.jpg

Great reading. Can you please just tell me what the productions shows were!!!!

Thank-you for the support, Sun.- "Naturalist Talk", "One Night Only", Mon.-"Stardust", Tues.-"Motor City", Wed.-"Libby Riddles", "Illusionist-Alexander Great", Thur.-"Comedian Sarge", Fri.-"British Invasion", Sat.-"Movie-Zero Dark Thirty", hope this is helpful :).

Thanks for posting so many details! I'd love to know what movies are being shown. I'll be on the Golden next week.

Thank-you for the support :). "Life of Pi", "Les Mis", "Zero-Dark Thirty", "Jack Reacher", "Oz the Great and Powerful", "Silver Linings Playbook", "Skyfall", "Life or Something Like It".

We head off the ship as soon as we are done with breakfast because we need to go to the store right outside the ship to get umbrella's, as well as 3,000 other fellow passengers :eek::D. While standing in a line which eventually went all the way to the back of the store, I also picked up a pair of gloves. We did have rain ponchos, but I hate wearing a hood, so I just had to have the darn umbrella. My plan was to not have to drag one in our luggage, I figured we'd just get one somewhere along the way and just leave it at the end of the vacation. So Terry said since your gonna wait in line might as well get me one to, even though I'm fine with just the hood, and then he went off exploring :mad::rolleyes::D. I took some pix of the gangway as we were sitting in the covered tour waiting area.

198094926_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013989.jpg.a2e5612b01a9b15cf6014a4e19bc89bc.jpg

945562468_GoldenPrincessAlaskaCruise2013992.jpg.2c9040dc48a308437cfdcc288d43b32d.jpg

Archived