Price Drop Question

xostacylee

Now that they've eliminated the early saver prices.. I'm super confused.

I just received a $20 price drop plus a $50 OBC with a price drop last week (we're at $1317 now before taxes/fees)...and now I'm seeing the "easy saver" option which allows us to keep our room (we were able to pick it originally), plus the 50% reduced deposit (we deposited 50% already, our final payment isn't due until July) for $1277...and I'm wondering if it's worth taking. It's only $40.. but if I do that, I'm worried that we'll lose our $50 OBC that we got as part of a promotion (that was part of the price reduction).

What would you guys advise?

If there was $50 OBC included in your price it is now part of the base. i.e. $25 pp lower base including the OBC.

So, if the price dropped $40 and you have $50 OBC you are ignoring in your calculations, you are still $10 above the price drop if you are not adding in the OBC.

If there was $50 OBC included in your price it is now part of the base. i.e. $25 pp lower base including the OBC.

So, if the price dropped $40 and you have $50 OBC you are ignoring in your calculations, you are still $10 above the price drop if you are not adding in the OBC.

With the OBC and the price drop we got back $70.. and now this $40 would be on top of that OBC + price drop. I'm just worried we'd lose our OBC.. I'd love to keep both. We gained the OBC as part of the price match during the Fall Sale, so it wasn't originally part of our purchase. Do you know if I'd lose the OBC?

With the OBC and the price drop we got back $70.. and now this $40 would be on top of that OBC + price drop. I'm just worried we'd lose our OBC.. I'd love to keep both. We gained the OBC as part of the price match during the Fall Sale, so it wasn't originally part of our purchase. Do you know if I'd lose the OBC?

As I tried to explain above, OBC is never free. Even if it was a promo you matched, it is now part of your base fare and you need to count it as part of your fare.

If you are not subtracting the OBC to arrive at your base fare, then you would gain $40 and lose $50, not what you want.

I dont know a better way to explain this.. maybe someone else can since I thought I explained it above.. that the OBC is part of your base fare, so subtract it to arrive at your new base fare.. even if you price matched to a fare that included it.. its still now part of your base fare.. OBC is never separate and free to ignore.

As I tried to explain above, OBC is never free. Even if it was a promo you matched, it is now part of your base fare and you need to count it as part of your fare.

If you are not subtracting the OBC to arrive at your base fare, then you would gain $40 and lose $50, not what you want.

I dont know a better way to explain this.. maybe someone else can since I thought I explained it above.. that the OBC is part of your base fare, so subtract it to arrive at your new base fare.. even if you price matched to a fare that included it.. its still now part of your base fare.. OBC is never separate and free to ignore.

OHHH. Makes sense now.. so my current base rate is actually $1267, and if I did the new price match, it would be $1277 because I'd lose the OBC. Thank you!

Archived