Private tour other than Coral Breezes???

#1TravelMom

http://www.thewetlizard.com

Click on their Water Tours.

LuLu

~~~~

Have you used thewetlizard.com before? Or has anyone else used them? How was your experience and how reliable were they? Thanks in advance.

Also, we were looking at Coral Breezes too, but wetlizard looks more affordable than them. Thanks for any input on either of these companies. Also, Coral and Wet Lizard look like they may be sister companies because their wording and everything on their websites are almost identical.... the only thing different is Wet Lizard takes you to 2 snorkel spots.... Does anyone know about that? Thanks

After several attempts, I finally got a response from WetLizard. She said they were getting out of the water tours, but she would help me find someone else to use. I replied, "that would be great", but I never heard back from her.

Hate The Wet Lizard is getting out of water tours. :(

Wish I could be of more help ... but Wet Lizard is the only independent we've ever used in Belize.

Hopefully, you'll find something. Please do let us know.

LuLu

~~~~

After our recent bad experience with Coral Breeze in April, and Wet Lizard not doing so hot , it looks as if Belize is going to the dogs as far as water tours are concerned . The only other is ecotours.We booked the Navigator of the Seas from Galveston for Nov 16 , 2014 , which skips Belize and goes to Costa Maya, Roatan , and Cozumel..

After several attempts, I finally got a response from WetLizard. She said they were getting out of the water tours, but she would help me find someone else to use. I replied, "that would be great", but I never heard back from her.

Thanks for posting this, although it's not what I want to hear!! We'll be in Belize Aug 1 and since reading all the trouble with Coral Breeze tours, we were going to try to book with Wet Lizard to do their Shark Alley/snorkel/ Caye Caulker tour - now I read this! ugh! This port is quiet challenging trying to find who to book with independently!

We will be on a cruise to Belize in October, and I agree, it's hard to find a water tour. We did the cave tubing last year and really enjoyed it, but wanted to snorkle the reef this year. I guess we'll just do the ship's snorkle tour.

We will be on a cruise to Belize in October, and I agree, it's hard to find a water tour. We did the cave tubing last year and really enjoyed it, but wanted to snorkle the reef this year. I guess we'll just do the ship's snorkle tour.

Just got off the Magic today. Booked snorkel with Sea Sports Belize. It was fantastic!! We had our own guide who pointed out sea life, brought critters up to us to hold and photo and was a wealth of info. We snorkeled an hour, had lunch on Sergeant's Caye, and snorkeled another part of the reef after. Very professional and friendly outfit. Reef is alive and teeming with life. They only take small groups so are a little more expensive but well worth it. Just bring sunscreen in belt pack or wear rash guard and leggings as there is no shade. We've snorkeled about 25 times and this was one of the best.

Thanks for posting this, although it's not what I want to hear!! We'll be in Belize Aug 1 and since reading all the trouble with Coral Breeze tours, we were going to try to book with Wet Lizard to do their Shark Alley/snorkel/ Caye Caulker tour - now I read this! ugh! This port is quiet challenging trying to find who to book with independently!

Ecotours and SeaSports Belize also offers this tour, I am looking at both companies but haven't decided which to go with...

I emailed Coral Breeze about their Caye Caulker snorkel excursion - they got back to me immediately - recent tripadvisor reviews are not bad either.

I might take a chance on them -- we're on the Carnival Dream in October and their price is $30 less than Carnival...same trip....

I emailed Coral Breeze about their Caye Caulker snorkel excursion - they got back to me immediately - recent tripadvisor reviews are not bad either.

I might take a chance on them -- we're on the Carnival Dream in October and their price is $30 less than Carnival...same trip....

Instead of trying to book independent (since I've recently read that Coral Breeze tends to cancel last minute and Wet Lizard says they are getting out of water tours), For our July cruise, I would like to book the ship excursion "Shark Ray & Island Getaway" for a sure thing (unless weather conditions cause a cancellation) - but this Carnival excursion "Shark Ray" doesn't include snorkeling according the to description and I can't be that close the 2nd largest reef in the world and not snorkel it! Yet it goes to Caye Caulker and that's the location I want...Why can't it include snorkeling too???? I feel like banging my head!

Just keep in mind that with Coral Breeze you will be in a much smaller boat than they used to use, and you will be plastered with spray the whole hour and 20 minute trip each way unless you are in the front of the bow. The boat also had one engine, and you are a long way out there, so if there was a breakdown you could be stuck....My daughter went a couple of years ago and it was great, so we all went this April and it was bad..I wanted to see Caye Caulkner badly, or so I thought. It is nice , but not really a big deal, and with the combo tour you have just time to eat some lunch and that is it. Next time if I were to do this again, I would take a water taxi (much Faster) to Caulkner and catch a snorkel tour to Shark Ray Alley from there, which is a 4 min boat ride. Just my 2 cents worth.

We are on the Magic for next March , and I checked all the Belize snorkeling excursions with Carnival, and can find none that go to Caulkner, only Sargeants Caye, Barrier reef, and Bannister Island. Can you copy and paste that so I can compare.Thanks.

Instead of trying to book independent (since I've recently read that Coral Breeze tends to cancel last minute and Wet Lizard says they are getting out of water tours), For our July cruise, I would like to book the ship excursion "Shark Ray & Island Getaway" for a sure thing (unless weather conditions cause a cancellation) - but this Carnival excursion "Shark Ray" doesn't include snorkeling according the to description and I can't be that close the 2nd largest reef in the world and not snorkel it! Yet it goes to Caye Caulker and that's the location I want...Why can't it include snorkeling too???? I feel like banging my head!

You may want to look at SeaSports Belize and EcoTours... Those are the two companies I am looking at for September... I am looking at the Shark Ray Alley by Air with Ecotours and with SeaSports you will travel by boat... Also look them up on Tripadvisor to read some reviews...

http://www.seasportsbelize.com/snorkeling/hol_chan__shark_ray

http://www.ecotoursbelize.com/snorkeling.html#snorkeling

We are on the Magic for next March , and I checked all the Belize snorkeling excursions with Carnival, and can find none that go to Caulkner, only Sargeants Caye, Barrier reef, and Bannister Island. Can you copy and paste that so I can compare.Thanks.

I hope this link will work.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/509071

If not, here's where I found it on the carnival website, searched Magic for March 2014, click "View cruise details", click shore excursions tab, there's the photos of excursions, the 6th photo is a nurse shark, click & it will bring up details for "Shark Rays & Island Getaway" $104.99 pp.

I've read through the description and do not see that it allows time to snorkel the reef. Only shark ray alley and time on Caye Caulker. If they would just add snorkeling, it would be perfect to book through the ship!

Thanks for sending that. I wonder why it is not offered on a Magic cruise? It is a little steep in price though..I paid $69 for myself and $39 for wife with Coral Breeze..We had about 1 hour at Caulkner and maybe an hour or more at Shark Ray Alley, and the snorkeling was good other than a strong current. If they would only use a boat like they used to...

I hope this link will work.

http://www.carnival.com/Activities/Excursion/509071

If not, here's where I found it on the carnival website, searched Magic for March 2014, click "View cruise details", click shore excursions tab, there's the photos of excursions, the 6th photo is a nurse shark, click & it will bring up details for "Shark Rays & Island Getaway" $104.99 pp.

I've read through the description and do not see that it allows time to snorkel the reef. Only shark ray alley and time on Caye Caulker. If they would just add snorkeling, it would be perfect to book through the ship!

I like the look of the Sea Sports Belize tour -- I think we'll end up going with that one!

You won't be sorry. As I mentioned earlier, it was a fantastic snorkel. You have a lot of time at both reefs, a very knowledgable guide and only 8 people including divers. We 2 had our own guide! They used a typical dive boat to transport us to the reef and it took a out 30 min. Another snorkel excursion showed up in the area for the second snorkel and they had a out 30 people! We just exported another part of the reef to avoid them. We saw a lot of healthy coral and many, many beautiful fish and other reef dwellers. Enjoy!

I'm trying to book with Sea Sports Belize for my trip on the Carnival Liberty the week of Sept. 7th (we are in Belize on Sept. 10). But they can't confirm with us yet because there are only 3 people in our group! :(

They said they need two more! I posted in our Roll Call trying to get more people to sign up but so far no takers.

I want to do that excursion soooo bad.

Archived