Cruise Discount Certificate

Hello,

I had a small problem on a cruise I was on and the guest relations desk gave me a typed letter on Royal Caribbean letterhead stating I would get 15% off of my next cruise. It said I had to use within 1 year and they would send the certificate to the travel agent that booked the cruise. I have never used a TA. Does anyone know how this works? Does this mean I cant book through RC website? Also can I combine with any other savings certificates or balcony discounts etc....

Thanks

Hello,

I had a small problem on a cruise I was on and the guest relations desk gave me a typed letter on Royal Caribbean letterhead stating I would get 15% off of my next cruise. It said I had to use within 1 year and they would send the certificate to the travel agent that booked the cruise. I have never used a TA. Does anyone know how this works? Does this mean I cant book through RC website? Also can I combine with any other savings certificates or balcony discounts etc....

Thanks

I've been able to use a FCC (future cruise credit) with balcony discount. However, ours was a specific dollar value, not a percentage discount. You should contact Royal and see if you can get the actual certificate because it will have the terms and conditions. You will probably need the booking number of the cruise on which you had the problem. If you are a member of Crown & Anchor, I'd start by calling them.

I would book by phone with RCI rather than the website. This way you can give them the details from your letter (perhaps it has a reference number of some sort?) and fax a copy of the letter to them once you have a booking number.

Archived