Birthday Cake

ricki

Has anyone ever requested a birthday cake for a guest who will be on board during their birthday?

Did you order it through On Board Guest Services? Was there a charge?

Thank you,

Ricki

When we were having dinner in Polo on my DW’s birthday, I ordered the cake at the reservation desk in the Terrace Café. I am sure you could place the order at The Reception Desk or from the Concierge. There is no charge for the cake.

Cheers,

Don

When we were having dinner in Polo on my DW’s birthday, I ordered the cake at the reservation desk in the Terrace Café. I am sure you could place the order at The Reception Desk or from the Concierge. There is no charge for the cake.

Cheers,

Don

The "official policy" is that Celebration Cakes may be ordered at a cost of $25, for a cake that serves six, up to $260 for a cake that serves one hundred.

214816.jpg214821.jpg

This covers a confection that will be baked and decorated to your specifications, to be served in the lounge, restaurant or stateroom of your choice, with or without candles.

If, however, you are content to have one of the many cakes which will be served on the ship that day to be presented "as a birthday cake", then there is no charge.

In the second instance, after the cake is served table-side, the remainder is removed to the kitchen and you will never see it again. I personally have always found this to be a relief, but if you are sentimental about such things then have the cake custom made.

Guest Services will handle either transaction for you in advance, and cakes may also be ordered during your cruise.

Hope that this helped~

Happy Birthday to whomever :D

Cheers,

Don

When we were on the Riviera in March, we had dinner in Red Ginger on my DW's birthday. No arrangements were made and nothing was requested, but they presented a very nice decorated cake for dessert. She also received a nice card in the cabin that evening. Birthdays are on your passenger record and obviously O pays attention. If you want to make 100% sure I would ask thru guest services or the restaurant, but it might not even be necessary. Happy birthday and have a great cruise.

The ”no charge” cake presented to our group of six for my DW’s birthday may have been one of the many cakes baked that day but it was beautifully decorated with icing flowers and her name in scroll font.

Cheers,

Don

:Your TA can advise Oceania ahead of time that you will be celebrating a birthday on board. You will receive a standard cake (yummy if you like chocolate) and as stated previously you will be served part of it and the rest disappears, which I didn't mind because it meant that I did not have to eat the extra calories. They also do a cake for a wedding anniversary as well. Each time we are on a cruise we seem to either celebrate a birthday or anniversary, so we have been fortunate.:D

If memory serves me, on the personal info page that is filled out before hand i put down that we were celebrating our anniversary. When we arrived onboard there was a nice note congratulating us for the milestone and when we dined in Polo the first time a small cake, nicely decorated was brought in with singing wait staff included - all at no charge! It was delightful.

Next year's cruise on O finds us ready to recognize another event (not telling:D) I will list it on the info page but will also follow up once on board.

Oh no - I have a big birthday coming up on our next cruise and shy away from any sort of birthday celebration for myself. Happy to share others birthdays but hate being the centre of attention. I was hoping to slip under the radar...

Oh no - I have a big birthday coming up on our next cruise and shy away from any sort of birthday celebration for myself. Happy to share others birthdays but hate being the centre of attention. I was hoping to slip under the radar...

You can do that easily just tell the head waiter or butler, if you have one, to please have your cake brought to your stateroom. No Problem it will be left there for you. Happy birthday!

You can do that easily just tell the head waiter or butler, if you have one, to please have your cake brought to your stateroom. No Problem it will be left there for you. Happy birthday!

Great idea - I might just do that. Thanks:)

I just asked the general concierge down stairs (too cheap to have our own). We were in Polo that night and they brought one that served all six people at the table and sang happy birthday as they brought it. Even made it sugar free for the diabetic birthday girl. All at no charge.

Archived