NO Hotel

Straughn

I am booked on a RCCL cruise out of New Orleans in December. I am looking for a safe hotel near the port. While I have spent time in NO, it was in the French Quarter, so I need advice on a safe reasonable hotel convenient to the port for the night before I sale. I will probably be arriving later in the evening, if that matters.

Thanks.

We live here but I have stayed in these hotels & frequently recommend to friends & family:: Renaissance New Orleans Arts Hotel, Hilton New Orleans Riverside or The Westin New Orleans Canal Place.

Do you need parking ? We haves stayed @ Drury Inn & Suites with Parking for 7 day cruise with no charge.

We stayed in the Courtyard by Marriott, also in the Warehouse District. We felt perfectly safe and walked to the Convention Centre on the morning of the Cruise to pick up the ship. Our room was perfectly comfortable and we also used the Hotel pool. Apart from breakfast we ate either in the French Quarter or at a fish restaurant very close to the Hotel.

• 2 weeks later...
Is anyone familiar with Courtyard by Mariott New Orleans Metairie?

How far is it from the port? Is it in a safe neighborhood?

It's safe, but no where I would consider. You are not near the port, if you mean less than a mile. You have no interest in being closer to FQ activities? Have you looked at the Convention Center Mariott which is your closest to the port.

The area is safe. Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans. It is just very different from the feel of New Orleans/French Quarter. It is about 25 to 30 minutes to the port. Metairie would be my top pick of areas if the hotels in the French Quarter or CBD are out of my price range.

The area is safe. Metairie is a suburb of New Orleans. It is just very different from the feel of New Orleans/French Quarter. It is about 25 to 30 minutes to the port. Metairie would be my top pick of areas if the hotels in the French Quarter or CBD are out of my price range.

What about the Ramada Inn Metaurie? it has mostly good Trip Advisor reviews. The rates are reasonable and it has free shuttles from the airport and then to the port. I think it also has a shuttle to the FQ.

• 1 month later...

If staying in the Warehouse/Convention Center area, how far to the port (estimate), cost of Taxi there and how far to the French Quarter and price of tax from Convention Center to FQ. Also how much from Airport to Warehouse/Convention Center.

Airport to downtown, $33 for one or two passengers.

Warehouse District to FQ is an easy walk. Cab $7 to $10. Riverfront trolley to FQ is $1.25 per person.

Cab to port $7 per passenger. Some hardy soles walk it, but a cab would be much easier.

• 2 weeks later...

Joanna,

Did you use the shuttle to the French Quarter and to the port? Was it free? This could save us some 'taxi fares'! We have reservations at the Prytania for January but would consider changing to stay further out to save all that taxi fare. I checked the Ramada website but can find nothing specific about the shuttle other than it will ferry to airport and back. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying at this Granada in October and asked for the cruise package. It was $109.00 for when I booked. (10/12) Our BIL stayed here in Feb and said was a nice hotel. We are driving and leaving our car for the week. NC. And they have the free shuttle to the port.

Archived