Fitness classes on Riviera on port days

swixpat

Hi everyone; would there be fitness classes early in the morning on port days before heading out on tours or excursions?

My search on the Oceania Forum revealed that there could be, but also that there are classes which are inconvenient when making tours.

Would anyone remember from a recent cruise at what time in the morning classes would take place? And maybe even what sort of classes they were, workouts, yoga, aerobics, spinning etc?

The answer to my questions will obviously influence the excursion planning.

Thanks

Hi everyone; would there be fitness classes early in the morning on port days before heading out on tours or excursions?

My search on the Oceania Forum revealed that there could be, but also that there are classes which are inconvenient when making tours.

Would anyone remember from a recent cruise at what time in the morning classes would take place? And maybe even what sort of classes they were, workouts, yoga, aerobics, spinning etc?

The answer to my questions will obviously influence the excursion planning.

Thanks

There are fitness classes on Port Days, but they are generally timed to appeal to those who might be staying on the ship, and even the later classes seem to struggle to attract participants.

Oceania's port intensive Itineraries tend to attract Passengers who take their touring seriously, and the Spa simply does not open early enough to do a class before a full day ashore.

Divide and Conquer ;)

Do all the classes take place in the spa?

Yes, they all take place in the Spa Complex

125446.jpg

What about the pool deck?

It's lovely, but no classes are offered there, outside of the occasional Ping Pong Sabbatical.

060457.jpg

There's no track around the top of the ship on Riviera, right?

You've got it just the wrong way around. ONLY Marina & Riviera have dedicated jogging tracks (it runs around the base of the Smokestack).

224912.jpg

On the smaller R ships, runners endlessly circle the perimeter of the pool-deck cut out on deck 10.

b_211105.jpg

b_211126.jpg

There were morning walking groups I seem to remember around 7 or 8 am on the walking track but you are free to do your own walk anytime

I think the fitness centre opened around 7 am as well where you could use the machines

I cannot recall times for classes

I would be very disappointed if the gym does not open til 7am on Riviera. I am a gym rat and like to get my workout in at 6 (if not earlier) so I can enjoy a light breakfast before spending a day in port. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Thanks.

I would be very disappointed if the gym does not open til 7am on Riviera. I am a gym rat and like to get my workout in at 6 (if not earlier) so I can enjoy a light breakfast before spending a day in port. Can anyone confirm this is the case?

Thanks.

I'm confused about your possible disappointment as this thread neither referenced nor mentioned the Gymnasium at all.

Fitness classes were the issue.

That said, the Fitness Center hours are from 6 AM to 10 PM daily, excepting embarkation and debarkation days.

http://www.canyonranch.com/sites/default/files/i/downloads/atsea/Oceania_Marina_Riviera_Guide_to_Services.pdf

I'm confused about your possible disappointment as this thread neither referenced nor mentioned the Gymnasium at all.

Fitness classes were the issue.

That said, the Fitness Center hours are from 6 AM to 10 PM daily, excepting embarkation and debarkation days.

http://www.canyonranch.com/sites/default/files/i/downloads/atsea/Oceania_Marina_Riviera_Guide_to_Services.pdf

Actually, it was mentioned above by LHT28: "I think the fitness centre opened around 7 am as well where you could use the machines".

Actually, it was mentioned above by LHT28: "I think the fitness centre opened around 7 am as well where you could use the machines".

Sorry :o me bad!!!

I did say I Think they opened around 7am...I am not up that early so did not know for sure

I know DH goes early then wakes me up before the GDR closes for breakfast ;)

Sorry :o me bad!!!

I did say I Think they opened around 7am...I am not up that early so did not know for sure

I know DH goes early then wakes me up before the GDR closes for breakfast ;)

Not your bad at all and thank you for being gracious.

I was responding to the comment by JimandStan above: "I'm confused about your possible disappointment as this thread neither referenced nor mentioned the Gymnasium at all.

Fitness classes were the issue."

Thanks to all for clarifying the set-up. And particular thanks to Jim & Stan, I am impressed with the level of detailed knowledge you have!

While I prefer classes to motivate me, I do the machines occasionally. It will have to be predominately the latter then as we have a port intensive mediterranean cruise.

Archived