Disappointing post cruise experience

MAFAv8r

I'm taking this forum due to a lack of interest by Azamara to fulfil their obligations. It's been 6 months since we cruised for the first time. Getting sick on board with a diagnosis of nora virus meant that my wife and I were both forced to stay in our cabin for 24 hours. This was understandable, and we were promised we would get a credit for both of us. Neither of us received a credit so after a couple of months I approached our travel agent. It took him quite a number of tries to get a cruise credit, which finally arrived $165. I was somewhat disappointed by the amount but was very surprised that there was only one. so again I approached my travel agent. The travel agent was very disappointed by their lack of action, and stated that to their knowledge only the sick person would get the payment, as only the sick person would be stuck in the cabin. Of course this is a load of rubbish and not standard practice for Azamara or from what I can gather most cruise lines. This has highlighted my experience with Azamara. Although we enjoyed the cruise, the pre and post cruise experience has been a 2 out of 10. I asked the travel agent for Azamara to contact me. 6 months later still no response. Come on Azamara live up to your responsibilities.

I've never before heard of compensation for getting sick. Was a majority of passengers affected by the virus?

They do give some allowance if the ships doctor has "quarantined" you. It is a mechanism they use to encourage reporting and limit the spread of noro

I'm taking this forum due to a lack of interest by Azamara to fulfil their obligations. It's been 6 months since we cruised for the first time. Getting sick on board with a diagnosis of nora virus meant that my wife and I were both forced to stay in our cabin for 24 hours. This was understandable, and we were promised we would get a credit for both of us. Neither of us received a credit so after a couple of months I approached our travel agent. It took him quite a number of tries to get a cruise credit, which finally arrived $165. I was somewhat disappointed by the amount but was very surprised that there was only one. so again I approached my travel agent. The travel agent was very disappointed by their lack of action, and stated that to their knowledge only the sick person would get the payment, as only the sick person would be stuck in the cabin. Of course this is a load of rubbish and not standard practice for Azamara or from what I can gather most cruise lines. This has highlighted my experience with Azamara. Although we enjoyed the cruise, the pre and post cruise experience has been a 2 out of 10. I asked the travel agent for Azamara to contact me. 6 months later still no response. Come on Azamara live up to your responsibilities.

Hi Mafav8r,

Sorry to hear of your experience. As this is a customer service related issue, your TA is the person who must fight the fight, and hopefully resolve the issue for you. Good Luck !

This thread is now closed.

Archived