Dvd player in Jewel Haven?

DarceyJK

Hey everyone - You all have been SOOOOO very helpful with all of my questions so far! I hope I'm not being over the top - I tend to be an Over-preparer! :o

Anyway - anyone know if the Penthouse Suite in the Jewel Haven has a dvd player? I workout everyday and would like to bring a couple dvd's with me.

Also, I'm still a little confused on this: My hubs likes to have a night cap in the evening. Should I pre-order a bar set up for this? Or, can our butler get us a bottle for him when we get there. I would also like to get a bottle of wine for one of our days at sea. Should I preorder that or just wait till we board!

Thanks again for any and all suggestions!!

Typically Courvoisseur, but sometimes a glass of wine. Just depends on his mood, I guess. I didnt know if butler would be offended if he ordered a couple drinks at night or if it would just be easier to have a bottle in our cabin for him..

Hmmm *OFFENDED* was probably the wrong word, LOL! I guess we just dont like to put anyone out if they are busy doing something more important for someone else. I better be more careful with my wording, I guess! ;)

Hey everyone - You all have been SOOOOO very helpful with all of my questions so far! I hope I'm not being over the top - I tend to be an Over-preparer! :o

Anyway - anyone know if the Penthouse Suite in the Jewel Haven has a dvd player? I workout everyday and would like to bring a couple dvd's with me.

Also, I'm still a little confused on this: My hubs likes to have a night cap in the evening. Should I pre-order a bar set up for this? Or, can our butler get us a bottle for him when we get there. I would also like to get a bottle of wine for one of our days at sea. Should I preorder that or just wait till we board!

Thanks again for any and all suggestions!!

Several of us took care to answer your question on the nightcap thoughtfully. I am very sorry that you are still confused.

As to the wine, you can NOT pre-order wine. You can order bottles of wine once you are on board.

As to the nightcap. It depends on what your husband wants. As was kindly pointed out previously, if he wants the same drink every day it might pay you to buy the bottle ahead of time and yes, this has to be PRE ordered. If he wants a variety of nightcaps, one each evening, it is probably best to order either from a bar on the ship or from your butler. It's your wallet and your time. You need to decide for yourself.

Since you remain confused I suggest that you call the pre cruise concierge line and discuss this with them.

Cheers ~

Typically Courvoisseur, but sometimes a glass of wine. Just depends on his mood, I guess. I didnt know if butler would be offended if he ordered a couple drinks at night or if it would just be easier to have a bottle in our cabin for him..

Of course it would be easier to have a bottle in your cabin if they sell Courvoisseur by the bottle.

If you use the butler, at a certain time of night (don't know when) the regular butlers who only are responsible for about 9 suites each go off duty and you will be using the overnight butler who is responsible for all the suites. Depending on how busy they are, you may not get immediate service.

Several of us took care to answer your question on the nightcap thoughtfully. I am very sorry that you are still confused.

As to the wine' date=' you can NOT pre-order wine. You can order bottles of wine once you are on board.

As to the nightcap. It depends on what your husband wants. As was kindly pointed out previously, if he wants the same drink every day it might pay you to buy the bottle ahead of time and yes, this has to be PRE ordered. If he wants a variety of nightcaps, one each evening, it is probably best to order either from a bar on the ship or from your butler. It's your wallet and your time. You need to decide for yourself.

Since you remain confused I suggest that you call the pre cruise concierge line and discuss this with them.

Cheers ~[/quote']

I'm so sorry to have troubled you again. Please dont feel that you need to spend your time helping me figure this out. Just that I found that you CAN PRE-order wine through the gifts area and have it delivered to your OWN cabin. And that was confirmed thru a NCL representative. Others have said it was not possible also. I've had so many conflicting answers. No worries. I wont bother you all anymore. We will just wing it and see what happens. Again, sorry to have taken up your time! Thanks anyway!

I'm so sorry to have troubled you again. Please dont feel that you need to spend your time helping me figure this out. Just that I found that you CAN PRE-order wine through the gifts area and have it delivered to your OWN cabin. And that was confirmed thru a NCL representative. Others have said it was not possible also. I've had so many conflicting answers. No worries. I wont bother you all anymore. We will just wing it and see what happens. Again, sorry to have taken up your time! Thanks anyway!

You didn't trouble me. I am here of my own free will. You certainly can order a gift online but the Viva Vino package is not for pre-order. For instance the Enthusiast package is 4 bottles for $88. That works out to $22 a bottle plus a 15% fee which is 3.30 for a total of 25.30 a bottle. One can send themselves a single bottle of the same class of wine for $33.20. Over the course of a 7 day cruise we will definitely be able to take care of 4 bottles of wine so sign us up! When I spoke with the pre-cruise consultant for the penthouse suites they said the same thing. The one particular PCC I spoke to said he couldn't recall anyone ordering a gift of wine ahead of time. We pre-ordered the scotch and are getting the wine on board.

If we decide to get a drink that isn't a scotch or wine we will be ordering from the bar or from our butler. I am not going to over think this thing. It's vacation, I am going to enjoy and I hope you do too!

You can bring your own wine aboard, will cost you a $15.00 fee. (per bottle)

Sometimes it seems easier for us when going back to our room for the night to order our drinks in one of the bars and carry them back to our room.

We usually stay in Suites that include Butler but have not tried calling for late nights drinks- maybe someday we will, as it is what we are paying for!

Don't let a post discourage you from asking any questions lots of us on here don't have problems with similar question being asked.

One thing to keep in mind if you want to purchase a bottle of alcohol "not wine" on the ship it cost much more than if you pre order it.

Don't let a post discourage you from asking any questions lots of us on here don't have problems with similar question being asked.

One thing to keep in mind if you want to purchase a bottle of alcohol "not wine" on the ship it cost much more than if you pre order it.

I was told by the PCC that you can't order a bottle of alcohol on the ship to consume on the ship. Have you seen that a person can do this?

I agree that people shouldn't let a post discourage them and people also shouldn't read too much emotion into a post. One thing that is very frustrating is that you can seemingly call a cruise line and get a different answer depending on whom you speak with. Or, if not a different answer at least a different way of accomplishing a task.

They do have a preorder for hard stuff. Very expensive. If you are going to only have a few glasses over the week, it might make more sense to just order one at a bar on the way to the room.

As to wine... you can just wait and buy it onboard. Glass or bottle.

I was told by the PCC that you can't order a bottle of alcohol on the ship to consume on the ship. Have you seen that a person can do this?

I agree that people shouldn't let a post discourage them and people also shouldn't read too much emotion into a post. One thing that is very frustrating is that you can seemingly call a cruise line and get a different answer depending on whom you speak with. Or' date=' if not a different answer at least a different way of accomplishing a task.[/quote']

What they charge you is the per shot price for that bottle the price for a bottle of grey goose was around $150.00 per bottle on the ship that was in 2010 so the pricing may be different now, since then I always pre order.

What they charge you is the per shot price for that bottle the price for a bottle of grey goose was around $150.00 per bottle on the ship that was in 2010 so the pricing may be different now, since then I always pre order.

That's what I thought and I agree with you. We pre-ordered the bottle of scotch for my husband and we are getting the 4 bottles of wine for $88 for our dinners once we get on board. Thanks.

Archived