Kayak In Labadee

My parents did it (I have not). We're going back to Labadee and it may be the ONLY side trip we take. They loved it!
Do you know if they are all 2-person Kayaks or do they have Kayaks for singles?

We did not like the kayaking in Labadee! Nothing like kayaking in Coco Kay, which was excellent. The guide in Labadee was horrible and then we were basically FORCED to go to a small beach area on the Haiti part of the island. There were locals at this beach area with stuff to sell, and the guide didn't want us to leave that area until everyone got back in the kayaks. And before you can ask if I am sure we were outside of Labadee....Yes, we were outside the walls separating Labadee and Haiti!

Do you know if they are all 2-person Kayaks or do they have Kayaks for singles?

When I went in 11/03 they had both. I was in a single.

Hopefully the excursion experience has changed. As KreiderCarter says, they force you to stop at this beach where they have a tourist trap store. I refused and just started paddling back. Got the "guide" in a bit of a dander as he started yelling at me. And to think I went on the kayak excursion thinking we'd focus on paddling not "peddling". :D

Great to know about the "side shopping" trip on the Kayak tour, Thanks.

I have a small word of advice for married couples planning to Kayak.......Unless you are experienced with propelling a 2 person kayak together, get seperate kayaks!

DW and I did a kayak tour at HAL's private Island, Half Moon Cay, and we went in a 2 person kayak. Everything was fine in the calm lagoon but when we went out into the surf we could not effectivly propel the kayak and ended up pointed out to sea! It ended up "one of us" had to stop attempting to paddle all together and "the other" do all the work to get us back into the lagoon. We had quite a few stern words with each other during this adventure!

2 other couples (all in THEIR OWN kayaks) were laughing hysterically at us and said "you remind us of ourselves when WE tried to paddle a 2 person kayak"!

Get YOUR OWN kayaks....Then you will KNOW who can paddle correctly and who can't!!!

Archived