Quebec City/Montreal embarkation schedules

Couple of questions:

1. Quebec embarkation: Taking Jul 6 to Boston and noticed we do not actually sail on the date the cruise begins. Cruise is scheduled as Jul 6 to Jul 13 but we actually spend Jul 6 at port, not sailing until Jul 7. This doesn't happen northbound, as the ship sails from Boston on the same date the cruise is scheduled to begin. However, they do note Jul 6 as Day 0 and Jul 7 as Day 1, etc.

2. Montreal embarkation: Noticed the ship leaves port in the p.m. of Day 0 of the cruise then note in the itinerary that they list the "at sea" equivalent (down the St. Lawrence Seaway) also on Day 0. This "at sea" is actually the evening of Day 0 , the same date the ship departs.

This is puzzling.

1) you overnight in port ..go & enjoy the nightlife

2) not sure what you are looking at

I looked at HAL website & see no Montreal listed for your cruise

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=N&dateCode=7_2013&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=E337&tabName=ItineraryDetails

Are you looking at another ship leaving from Montreal?

When you leave in the evening you will be in the St Lawrence

The ones I see from Montreal says CRUISING the St Lawrence

1) you overnight in port ..go & enjoy the nightlife

That's what I said. The ship doesn't sail on the first day of the schedule cruise. It overnights in port. I know that and that we are supposed to enjoy it. My posting this, as I noted at the end, was that I was puzzled by the scheduled. I've not been on a lot of cruises but it's the first one I booked where this occurs.

2) not sure what you are looking at

I looked at HAL website & see no Montreal listed for your cruise

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?destCode=N&dateCode=7_2013&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&pageNumber=1&voyageCode=E337&tabName=ItineraryDetails

Are you looking at another ship leaving from Montreal?

When you leave in the evening you will be in the St Lawrence

The ones I see from Montreal says CRUISING the St Lawrence

It's a different cruise I noted due to the oddity, to me, of including cruising the St. Lawrence as if it were a separate day. Its lists the schedule as Day 0 departing Montreal, Day 0 (or 1) as cruising the seaway, Day 1 (or 2) at Quebec City. I've never seen this and would have expected the schedule to note Day 0 departing Montreal, Day 1 at Quebec city, etc.

It is just a different way of HAL wording the the cruising part

many just would put Montreal (sailing time)

Quebec City 8 am to 5 pm (or what ever hrs the ship is there)

Cruising in the Saint Lawrence you will probably see other ships like the freighters passing closer than in the ocean

Enjoy the cruise

Archived