Planning a trip to AU and NZ from Hawaii would appreciate ANY insite ..

Hope you recover soon, and rather that writhe more:eek:, you will write more.:D

Well you will see those mistakes a lot more if I write fast ... not a good speller ;) that is why I rather talk then write :)

Hi, only have 3 short cruises under our belts - Mexico Caribbean and Alaska.

Now planning a long Vacation to AU and NZ - 2 month ....

thinking flying from USA to Hawaii and then cruise over to AU - any suggestion on the road to take and ships ??

then maybe cruise around AU some ???

and then NZ cruising to find out what part we like to revisit with renting a car and met some friends we have in both countries ???

So far have not found a RV renting deal that is realistic: 21 days in NZ for 6000 .- dollars .....

Any help with what we HAVE to see and do ???

Any cruise LOCAL cruise company we may not be aware of ???

I do have skype and would love to talk to anyone about this trip person to person :)

Also does AU and NZ have wifi in public places, libraries so we can use our skype to call our families ??

Thank you in advance Silvia

I (carole)would be very happy to hear from you

we own the Vulcan Hotel near Darling Harbour in Sydney.

My email address is caroleord@hotmail.com.

I could offer you many suggestions.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi, we were born in NZ but live in Aussie.If you could give me dates I could probably give you a few more options.Tell me what size you need and there are so many places cheaper then your quote. We spent 3 months in USA and we have and extender member of our family who is a Hawaiian so would love to help you. WiFi is only just coming in here(free) you may have to buy a drink but we have an option with Aldi (grocery shop) for $35 unlimited with 5G of internet a month..And unlimited calls to local numbers plus a $10 credit for overseas call,or text. Hope we can help. Regards Lynn.

- WE are booked on a flight from Phoenix to Honolulu on Jan 1 and Jan 2 to Sydney- next day to Brisbane and then dates are not sure yet. Will go to Cains Adelaide back to Sydney. We where told by travel agent that NZ and AU has calling cards for phone calls to CA AND USA = 4cents a min.

Silvia

Just be aware that it is the wet season'in Northern Australia at that time of the year. You can get torrential rain, cyclones and it will be very humid.

I would suggest you don't plan on too much driving especially inland at that time of year.

It is however a very good time to visit Southern Australia although it can be quite hot.

We did a cruise on Solstice on the 28th of January from Auckland to Perth and the weather was perfect about 90% of the trip. The cruise went along the East coast of NZ around to the Sounds and then up to Sydney ,down to Hobart then Adelaide , Esperance ,Albany & finally Fremantle.

It was just brilliant.

The cruise then went around the North of Australia but I believe it was a very wet at most places during this cruise.

thanks for the info. We have friends in Brisbane and they convinced us to stay there longer and so we have D/C Adelaide and now fly from Sydney to Cairns for 4 days and then to Brisbane and back to Sydney 4 days before we board the Solstice .:D

Welcome to these Cruise Critic boards. Lots of options for doing Australia and NZ. Happy to Skype on these options. Let me know your e-mail and I will follow up to you to work out the details.

We are looking forward to our first “down under” visit, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Celebrity Solstice sailing, departing Sydney, going from Australia to Auckland/NZ doing 14 days on this ship we loved in the Med in June 2011. See more on the Solstice from the live/blog connected below. Plus, for this trip, we are doing some pre-cruise options for Cairns/Port Douglas, the Rainforest and Great Barrier Reef, then Kangaroo Island near Adelaide before departing from Sidney’s scenic harbor. And, doing the mid-cruise ship over-night trip to and in Queenstown and then stopping in Hawaii on the way home to break up that long, long flight back. We have a nice and super active roll call going at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1614754

Welcome to any who want to join us for this trip and/or travel along via the web as we get prepared for that "adventure". Lots of info and pictures on this roll call.

Not sure renting an RV is the most time-efficient method for Australia. Your travel distances there are pretty VAST!!

Also, tell us more on your personal interests, travel style, budget flexibility, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Celebrity Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 131,582 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Terry - just searching aroud CC for some advice on a big trip down under to Australia and New Zealand and I picked up this thread. We had pretty much made up our mind to do the NZ part of the trip on a cruise - and we love cruising with Celebrity. I am also interest in how you are doing the Australia pre cruise trip to Cairns/Port Douglas etc. We live in the UK and there are too many tour companies offering options.

Appreciate a view.

Thanks

Margaret

Archived