Independence of the Seas?

There doesn't seem to be much talk about Indy when she's over in Europe, but you should see more and more pop up once she arrives back in Florida. You can check out my review from last year in my signature.

Hi everyone

This is my first time posting so hopefully I don't screw it up. I've been visiting this forum for a few months and have really enjoyed reading some great posts.

I recently booked the Independence of the seas for a 8night Caribbean cruise December 21st. I am 30 years old and will be travelling with my gf and several family members. We are booked in promenade cabins on deck 8.

There doesn't seem to be too much talk about this ship on the forum so I am hoping to hear some positive (or negative) experiences from others. Recent reviews don't seem to be great. I have previously cruised Celebrity, Princess and Holland America but have always been interested in trying Royal Caribbean. My only experience was touring Enchantment of the seas many years ago and thought it was a beautiful ship. Hopefully Independence would serve as a good introduction to the line.

Any feedback you can offer would be much appreciated. Thanks so much.

Jon

I'm in the middle of writing an report/review of our recent 8 night Norway cruise on Independence Of The Seas.

We had a great time on this beautiful and well maintained ship!

Here's the link to my review/report (which is ongoing) http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859146

Hope this helps ease your mind :)

• 2 weeks later...

Booked for 8 day on Independence out of Ft. Lauderdale March 2014. So glad to read the good reviews. My Son-DIL - grandson & myself booked Freedom and then they decided since they had never cruised out of Ft. Lauderdale to change ships. Worked out good save money on cruise, hotel and shuttle + extra cruise day. No worry & cost of shuttle from Orlando to Coco Beach. Just grab a cab in Ft Lauderdale.

We have booked connecting cabins 8316 & 8318. Hope there good ones

Thanks Marcy

• 2 weeks later...

We are also booked on Dec 21 8 night! Looking to get super educated, super fast as I have (a little) free time to devote...I'm a bit of a Disney fiend so feel somewhat expert there but out of my league with cruising. Hoping to get lots of help from these boards. Need to see how to get the lower pricing some of you have gotten! :-)

• 2 months later...

Archived