Immigration in Miami?

luv4cruises

Can anyone tell me how long it takes to get through Immigration these days? We are booked on a B2B Breeze cruise, but are considering switching the second leg of our cruise for another cruise line unless Immigration is a nightmare.

Thanks for your input.

If your question is in response to sequestration cuts it won't matter much what cruiseline or cruise port you go through. The time it takes to clear Customs and Immigration could be longer no matter what cruiseship you take or port you sail from. More than likely the larger the port the more immigration personell might be furloughed causing delays.

Last time we cruised out of Miami, we were standing outside the cruise terminal with luggage in hand a little bit before 7am.

What ship / port of departure are you considering for your second leg?

This can be so varied that the replies won't likely help you much. My two Miami experiences are 90 minutes and 20 minutes from the time my zone was called.

(For further reference, Victory San Juan took about 15 minutes, while Dream Port Canaveral took 40 minutes.)

If you have the pleasure of booking a B2B you will find that they wait until the ship is empty, they gather up the B2B guests and send them through customs. No line and individual service then back on the same ship for your 2nd leg.

Enjoy

Just off the Victory this morning and it was the quickest immigration I've ever been through. Literally just a few minutes. The customs Agents didn't even look at our birth certificates and licenses. He asked us where we were born and told us to have a nice day. Super quick!

We did self assist Platinum and were off the ship and in a cab by 8am.....there really is no way to tell if you are going to get hung up or not.....if there is a crew inspection that day you can be screwed......and one time in Miami there was a problem with CBP...and we didn't get off the ship until after 1pm..........the majority of time everyone is off early (by 9:30ish for last call)......

Archived