Adjoining cabins (not connecting balcony question)

I was looking at the CCL page on FB and saw in one of the pics a lady on the Breeze posted how they could hear everything said in the next cabin as they had an adjoining cabin door inside their stateroom. We will have an adjoining cabin as well on the Freedom in August and at this time, the adjoining cabin is not yet booked, however I know it will be by the time we sail.

Has anyone else run into this problem? I never thought about the noise level from the interior connecting cabin door. We have been fortunate so far to have not run into any noise issues, but we haven't ever stayed in an adjoining cabin before.

We are hoping CCL calls us and offers to upgrade our kids from their inside across the hall from us to that cabin next door. They did that in November and I am hoping they do the same now.

Thanks in advance for any insights.

We sailed on the Freedom in 2011 on an 8 day. We had an adjoining cabin on deck 8. Can't remember the number. Next door to us was a family of 4 or 5 not sure of how many, but I was ready to throw them all over board. They had small children that kept beating on our door . It would start at 6 am and if they weren't doing that they were all yelling at each other. Each room has it's own door and they had their side open. It got very old very fast. I smoke some, on the balcony but am considerate of others. I was in the hall one day when they came out of their cabin. They made a comment to me about how someone was smoking on the balcony and they should be kicked off the ship. I told him it was me and thats what I had to do because I couldn't get any sleep cause his kids were too noisy and kept beating on the door. It was a very short conversation. It did get quieter after that. I will never book with adjoining cabins again.

Hope it works out for you. You have time to change locations if some are still available.

Good Luck

Gary & Rox

Cabins with a solid wall between them are adjoining.

Cabins with Interior Connecting doors are "Connecting Cabins".

You can hear a lot when there is a connecting cabin as they are not as soundproof as the walls. And the walls aren't soundproof.:eek:;)

We avoid connecting cabins and hotel rooms.

We had the "connecting cabin" (I'll take the prompt from SadieN for the correct vernacular) on Victory. While the people in the connecting cabin were never actually loud, muffled conversation could be heard on occasion. Nothing significant, but if they had been screamers it would not have been pleasant.

I've mentioned it before, but I'll do it again: foam earplugs are cheap, take up no space in your luggage, and may save you from a ruined night or two on your vacation.

I've had a connecting cabin.

Just so happened that my neighbors were going into their cabin at the same time we were on embark day.

We were joking about the connecting door. I told them I didn't want to hear anything funky from their cabin.

Never heard a peep from them all week.

I have a connecting cabin on my next cruise. We'll see how it goes.

Archived