Valor question

dbd0512

I did my first carnival cruise a few months ago and i had a great time. I really like the ship but most of the things I liked were part of the 2.0 upgrade. I really enjoyed the comedy club each night and for lunch I always ate at guys or the mexican place. I am not a huge fan of buffets. I am thinking about booking the valor for next spring out of San Juan. Since the Valor has not had the 2.0 upgrades what does it have to offer since these items are not there? My other option is to book the Jewel of the seas but I would like to try carnival again if I can talk my self into the ship.

I did my first carnival cruise a few months ago and i had a great time. I really like the ship but most of the things I liked were part of the 2.0 upgrade. I really enjoyed the comedy club each night and for lunch I always ate at guys or the mexican place. I am not a huge fan of buffets. I am thinking about booking the valor for next spring out of San Juan. Since the Valor has not had the 2.0 upgrades what does it have to offer since these items are not there? My other option is to book the Jewel of the seas but I would like to try carnival again if I can talk my self into the ship.

Since it's not a 2.0 ship your Lido deck lunch options will include the grill, pizza, deli, mongolian wok. They will either have the Punchliners Brunch in the MDR on Sea Days or traditional sit down breakfast and lunch on Sea days and breakfast only on port days.

Thank you for the information. I was more concerned about the comedy than the lunch options considering there are so many port days on the sailing out of San Juan. I watched comedy every night it was offered on the Glory. Glad to know the Valor will have it too. I thought the comedy was part of the 2.0.

Thanks for the replies

There is also a fish and chips place up on deck 10 :D 2.0 doesnt have that :p

I could have LIVED at the fish n' chips place last February!

Confirming that comedy was every night we were on board and was good and not too crowded.

Maybe I'm losing my mind (very possible :eek:) but I would have sworn there was the brunch on sea days - we didn't eat there and just went down to redeem our drink coupons but I thought that was the brunch and not breakfast then lunch?

Valor is my favorite ship, with Rosie the Riveter overlooking the buffet, and the Americana decor. As mentioned, the Burrito Bar is excellent, but has limited hours. The itinerary is great as well, although I'd prefer one more sea day. Five ports is a lot of work!

Archived