If embarkation is delayed....

adira

Do they still take your luggage?

Could I possibly drop off my luggage and wander around the strand with my carry on for a while? Or do I have to wait in their waiting area?

Could I possibly drop off my luggage and wander around the strand with my carry on for a while? Or do I have to wait in their waiting area?

Embarkation is rarely delayed and when it is it's often after several 100's of people are already at the pier.

Typically you can drop your bags with a porter around 9:30ish. Some ports that I've sailed from will not let people in the terminal building until a bit later.

I usually get to the pier between 10 and 10:30 and in most cases embarkation begins shortly after 11:30.

I ignore any letter that I get telling me to arrive later.

Yes and yes.

We usually get to the port between 8:30 and 9:00. The porters have taken our luggage right away. Some port buildings allowed us in right away, others made us wait outside. If you can go right in, check in, get your Sail & Sign card, and go explore. Just make sure you have your id and S&S card to get back into the port building.

Enjoy.

Thanks for these responses! I wanted to get there really early (like 8:30 or 9), but didn't want to just wait in a tiny room if they aren't letting people on (which I assume they wouldn't at that point). There is a Starbucks right across from the terminal, so I was thinking we could drop off our luggage, get a coffee, wander a bit, and head back and still be in like at around 10!

We Have dropped off our bags at 9 AM and drove back out and explored the area for a while. When we came back around 11 we would go straight to the parking garage and we didn't have to get into the crowd dropping off luggage!

We did this at port of Miami, ( drove out to south beach) and port Canaveral ( drove up to see Kennedy space center)

Archived