~ NCL Sun ~ Alaska ~ June 12-19 ~

MandyGirl

I know Budget Queen highly recommended taking that trip...hey BQ, if you're around.....could you elaborate on just how worth the money it is....puhleeeeese?

(Hope I'm not hijacking here!)

Might I suggest you start a new thread on the Alaska forum so you can get thoughts and opinions from people on all cruise lines going to Alaska. You might get more feedback that way. Here's a link to that forum: Alaska Ports of Call

MandyGirl,

Thanks for the excellent, comprehensive review. We'll be on the Sun's 7/17 sailing in 9276, so we appreciate all the good input. Still working on our excursions, but we're just looking forward to enjoying the view from our balcony.

Dore

• 3 weeks later...

We'll be on the Sun next June, and I'm enjoying collecting information about the ship and about Alaska! Your review is wonderful, and the links you added were extremely helpful as well! Thanks for an awesome job!

A question: can the dividers between the balconies on the Sun be opened? We'll be a group of 5 cabins, all in a row--and we'd love to open up all the dividers.

We'll be on the Sun next June, and I'm enjoying collecting information about the ship and about Alaska! Your review is wonderful, and the links you added were extremely helpful as well! Thanks for an awesome job!

A question: can the dividers between the balconies on the Sun be opened? We'll be a group of 5 cabins, all in a row--and we'd love to open up all the dividers.

Thanks so much! It was a great trip to plan and a WONDERFUL cruise to take! We've just decided that 7 days is way too short, but until we find more money and hubby more time off from work, it looks like 7-nighters until we retire in another 30+ years.

I had asked that balcony divider question here on CC in the months preceeding the cruise and posters responded with two different answers - yes and no. :eek: Then, once on the ship, it looked like *maybe* the divider between the two minisuites 9278 and 9078 could be removed by unscrewing screws (or some sort of metal thing that looked like a screw). Once onboard we decided not to ask so our friends could maintain their privacy since we knew our family members would be visiting our balcony (all of our family members had J-category insides). Now on the other side between 9278 and the balcony (non-minisuite), it was definitely a "hard" divider that didn't have screws. Definitely think it was permanent.

We never asked if the divider could be removed between 9278 and 9078, so I don't know. The guys didn't try messing with it either.

Enjoy your cruise!! :D

MandyGirl,

Thanks for the excellent, comprehensive review. We'll be on the Sun's 7/17 sailing in 9276, so we appreciate all the good input. Still working on our excursions, but we're just looking forward to enjoying the view from our balcony.

Dore

Thanks!! I just noticed your reply and had somehow overlooked it recently. I hope you have a WONDERFUL time on your cruise THIS WEEKEND!! Almost here for you!!! :)

Have just reread your posting as our cruise is getting closer (July 31) Thank you for a great post :)

Two more weeks for ya! :D It will drag like crazy, then unfortunately the cruise will pass faster than the blink of an eye. :( We did add some more pics here - didn't know if you had seen them.

Archived