Semi-Live from Grand Princess, May 30, 2013 Sailing

bdjam

Coming home is always tough, but as my father used to say, if vacations didn't end, you wouldn't have a vacation.

Overall excellent trip. I'll be interested in seeing what improvements come to Grand Princess in December - the old girl is still a fine ship even if she cosmetically has some flaws. Hope everyone who sails her enjoys her as much as I did this time around...

I agree with everything that's been said about the cruise and the Grand. We really enjoyed Sitka and Haines, but Glacier Bay was just amazing.

We were in one of the forward balconies on Emerald....not bad at all for the price. Privacy was not an issue at all.

I sure hope the bring back this itinerary.

Nancy

I agree with everything that's been said about the cruise and the Grand. We really enjoyed Sitka and Haines, but Glacier Bay was just amazing.

We were in one of the forward balconies on Emerald....not bad at all for the price. Privacy was not an issue at all.

I sure hope the bring back this itinerary.

Nancy

I really enjoyed Glacier Bay too - I think it was the highlight of the trip for me. I usually have been to Alaska later in the season and so the mountains seem to have lost a lot of the snow and glaciers but this time it was so white and pristine. I also have not heard a glacier making as much noise as Marjorie when we were near her...

Brian,

What cruise are you doing in Sept?

Hi Sally - I will be doing the California Coastal with some friends - sails on 9/27. And by the way, congratulations on being the most traveled passenger on the cruise! Your picture in the Patter was sweet!

We ate at the Pub Lunch on the Grand a couple of weeks ago and it was great. We all had the Fish & Chips and my husband had the bread & butter pudding. He said it was really good and very rich.

Thanks for filling us in on the Pub Lunch...!

Brian,

Was good seeing Leaving AND returning. Glad you had a great trip. Hope we were also part of the overall good experience.

Ed

Hey Ed - you were and I told them so :) You guys do a great job...good to see you on both sides of the trip too.

Thanks Brian.

I will also be on the coastal. I sail to the Sea of Cortez for 10 days , and stay on the ship for the coastal.

Sally

Sweet - I will definitely look for you :) I wanted to do the same thing...both cruises back to back...but work and time off wouldn't allow it and friends from out of state wanted to do the coastal.

• 2 weeks later...
Can anyone post the Patters from the 10-day Alaska on the Grand out of SFO?

Also, which nights are the formal nights?

Thanks!

On the May 20 voyage ... formals nights were the 3rd day (2nd sea day) and the 8th day (sea day AFTER Ketchikan for us).

Thanks for all the great information. Did they have the Captain's "most traveled" luncheon, and, if so, what was the cutoff number of days? Thanks!

Couldn't find any reference to a luncheon. The most traveled passenger for our voyage has sailed 1228 days with Princess: Prof George Feiwel. He was introduced at the Captain's party in the Vista Lounge.

On the May 20 voyage ... formals nights were the 3rd day (2nd sea day) and the 8th day (sea day AFTER Ketchikan for us).

Couldn't find any reference to a luncheon. The most traveled passenger for our voyage has sailed 1228 days with Princess: Prof George Feiwel. He was introduced at the Captain's party in the Vista Lounge.

Thank you! I thought maybe there might be someone reading this thread who attended the luncheon that the Captain usually puts on for most traveled passengers. It's never advertised. If you qualify, you get an invitation to attend. I think they limit it to about 40 people, so chances are slim as you can see by the number of days sailed by Professor Feiwel!!! Oh, well, we can always dream about the number of days we're never gonna have!!

Thank you! I thought maybe there might be someone reading this thread who attended the luncheon that the Captain usually puts on for most traveled passengers. It's never advertised. If you qualify, you get an invitation to attend. I think they limit it to about 40 people, so chances are slim as you can see by the number of days sailed by Professor Feiwel!!! Oh, well, we can always dream about the number of days we're never gonna have!!

You are welcome.

I had no idea it wasn't advertised. Know we definitely don't qualify. Dreaming is good ... just book LOTS of cruises with Princess. :D

Archived