Compare Playa Mia Beach club to Paradise Beach Club

bsbcgirl

From the below link you can see that most of the beach clubs are located very close to each other on the same side of the island - the beach and the water at both PB and Playa Mia will be about the same.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Mitsugirly has a review out where her family went to Playa Mia -- the part you want starts at post #139 on page 7: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851647&page=7

Good luck! :)

From the below link you can see that most of the beach clubs are located very close to each other on the same side of the island - the beach and the water at both PB and Playa Mia will be about the same.

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Mitsugirly has a review out where her family went to Playa Mia -- the part you want starts at post #139 on page 7: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1851647&page=7

Good luck! :)

Thanks. I was just about to tell them that. :D You can find the clickable link in my signature below under my DREAM review.

Mitsugirly, would you recommend Playa Mia over Nachi Cocum? I also read your review of Nachi and we too experienced a steep drop off I didn't like when we were there. I also didn't care for the sand but really hated the ants. Is the sand about the same at Playa Mia? We would be bringing our 5 and 6 year old girls so the waterpark area is appealing. And do you have to book it through the ship? I went to the Playa Mia website and it just directed me back to the ship excursion pages. So I wanted to know if you felt it was worth the cost.

Mitsugirly, would you recommend Playa Mia over Nachi Cocum? I also read your review of Nachi and we too experienced a steep drop off I didn't like when we were there. I also didn't care for the sand but really hated the ants. Is the sand about the same at Playa Mia? We would be bringing our 5 and 6 year old girls so the waterpark area is appealing. And do you have to book it through the ship? I went to the Playa Mia website and it just directed me back to the ship excursion pages. So I wanted to know if you felt it was worth the cost.

It's just my personal opinion, but we definitely liked Playa Mia over Nachi Cocom....especially if you have children. They will LOVE the waterpark. There was not a drop off at Playa Mia like there is at Nachi. It was very calm water the day we were there and plenty of room to go out a ways to swim or wade in the water. We didn't have any problem with the sand like we did at Nachi (the hard to walk in, make you sink so far in the sand that your legs hurt). There were no ants, but we didn't experience any ants at Nanchi either.

Yes, when you go to their website, it directs you to which ship you are on and you book that way (which is basically booking with the ship). It's the only way to book. Now just my opinion, but I would book just like we did and only book the place instead of the place with the meal. The buffet just wasn't something that looked appealing and we thought the prices for the food was a much better deal to get what you wanted. The drinks are free and included (ANY drinks...soda or alcohol). This option also gives you more time there if you want. You come and go when you please instead of just the allotted hours that is with the ship.

I guess the only thing that would keep me from booking this place would depend on when you are going and how many cruise ships are there. If it's during the busy season and there are a lot of ships, I have seen pictures that show the place extremely crowded and I don't think it would be as enjoyable. This place had no one there the day we were there and it was awesome.

Did you get a chance to read my review and see the pictures of Playa Mia?

Thanks mitsugirly! I did read your review and saw your pics, and I am leaning towards Playa Mia if we choose to do a cruise where we'll do beach day in Cozumel. I just see so many glowing recommendations of Nachi when I didn't care for the beach, it's good to know there are still some other good options.

Archived