How's the internet on QM2 Transatlantic?

alabama ghost

Does anyone know if you can sign two devices onto one internet package simultaneously? It's common in hotel rooms these days to be able to use up to 3 devices while paying for one service.

Obviously since QM2 internet service is a sign on/sign off, timed service the devices would have to be used simultaneously. I'm just wondering if I can use my laptop at the same time as my wife uses her iPad and we only pay for one service while simultaneously signed in? Or am I dreaming?

Good question, SEFlyer. Why wouldn't it work? You would be paying for one plan but using it up twice as fast.

Does anyone know if you can sign two devices onto one internet package simultaneously? It's common in hotel rooms these days to be able to use up to 3 devices while paying for one service.

Obviously since QM2 internet service is a sign on/sign off, timed service the devices would have to be used simultaneously. I'm just wondering if I can use my laptop at the same time as my wife uses her iPad and we only pay for one service while simultaneously signed in? Or am I dreaming?

As I understand it, you can only be logged-on on one device at a time.

I think they're released maybe six months out?

I am thinking the larger plan also. And hanging out around 11pm in Sir Samuels.

It worked fine for me in Sir Samuels during the day and in the evening, you don't need to wait until the late evening.

Don't even bother with it in your room, it's too slow and frustrating.

We'll be westbound in August and I really need to do some internet work. I just read something about no internet on a particular cruise and I hate to face that...anyone out there with current info on the Queen Mary's internet capability westbound from Southampton to New York?

Thanks for any info,

Pam

It can be expensive if your not careful. You can be online,loss your connection and still losing minutes. If you find you are cut off,log off and shut off your connection. Mid atlantic doesn't have the best connection. Also the last day at sea is very difficult to log on,since it is over connected with passengers making last minute arrangements.

It is possible to log in from multiple devices - but AFAIK not on the same time. So time-parallel use would not be possible. As my best wife and I have sufficent CWC credit for internet use we usually use up the first account and then switch to the next, mostly avoiding payments by this. I myself use either a smartphone with navigational map and AIS or a pad for mail or my notebook for seriuos work. Never had a problem since Cunard improved the WiFi.

Maybe you are able to connect both devices to use technically only one access?

I totally agree with the hints on finding the best time. Early morning, early lunchtime, after 6pm and late at night give better speed. 10am and 3pm are the worst times and certainly to avoid.

Archived