Where's the party?

Midwestgal

So I'm reading on another site differences between Carnival & RCI and I keep coming across the same "PartyCruise" description about Carnival. I have been on three Carnival cruises and have yet to see all the drunk and obnoxious party people being mentioned. "All night long party people"????

Can someone tell me where it happens because I'm not seeing it.

I'm not looking to party all night long just trying to understand why it's being said.

I have never seen it either, and I have quite a few cruises completed. I've read about them, but never experienced them personally. I guess reputations are hard to overcome.

Carnival can't break it's old reputation. The only 'party cruise' we've been on was a 3-day (B2B with a 4-day) during spring break. The short cruises on almost any cruise line can sometimes be 'party cruises'.

Same here. I woke up at 4:00am one morning and could not get back to sleep, so I got dressed and strolled around the upper decks. I saw some crew doing maintenance and that was about it. No crazies up all night. I have been in the disco as late as 2:00am and did not see any wildness then either. I once saw a group of young people on the Lido slamming beers down with the tube and having a lot of fun, but nothing crazy, security was keeping an eye on them.

And then you get the current thread "Drunken times on the Inspiriation." When posters on this forum have a thread like that one, Carnival is going to have its reputation as a floating drunk party.

I read that too after I posted this.

I've come to the conclusion people need to say it in order to justify why they don't or won't cruise carnival when in all honesty who cares what line you sail on as long as you enjoy it.

Also they feel the need to say something even if they know nothing and repeat hearsay.

Archived