Princess Patters Alaska May 18-25, 2013 Star

EatPrayCruise

Thanks anyway, unfortunately, the Patters came out so light I was unable to read them.:(:(

On my computer, I can zoom in on them and read them pretty well. I use a MAC and hit command and the + sign and can read most of the pages. Hope that helps....

I have a PC and went up to 400 percent and it was larger, but still blurry, and too light, wish I could have read them. Thanks for trying!!

I may try to rescan them. Not sure why they turned out like that. Of course, I didn't realize it until AFTER I had scanned them all, lol.

The scans aren't great, but I could read them. The far left side is washed out, so I couldn't always read times for events, but I could still read enough to give me a good idea of what's happening when.

One question: The dining times for embarkation day do not list a dining room open for lunch. Do you know if they were serving lunch in one of the MDRs? We have always enjoyed that wonderful embarkation day lunch and are looking forward to sharing it my my mother and aunt in July. I will be disappointed if they are not serving it on the Star this summer!

The scans aren't great, but I could read them. The far left side is washed out, so I couldn't always read times for events, but I could still read enough to give me a good idea of what's happening when.

One question: The dining times for embarkation day do not list a dining room open for lunch. Do you know if they were serving lunch in one of the MDRs? We have always enjoyed that wonderful embarkation day lunch and are looking forward to sharing it my my mother and aunt in July. I will be disappointed if they are not serving it on the Star this summer!

Sherry, I'm quite sure that they were serving lunch in one of the main dining rooms, but I just can't recall which one. Sorry for the foggy memory. I don't recall if we ate there or in the Horizon ... I usually do a journal, but I just checked and didn't record anything in it that day after we left our hotel on embarkation day. :confused:

Sherry,

We were on the Star last week and the Portofino was open on embarkation day. Hardly anyone was in there, I heard everyone was up in the HC. Portofino opens at noon, so definitely go there! We had a very serene and delicious lunch!

Sherry,

We were on the Star last week and the Portofino was open on embarkation day. Hardly anyone was in there, I heard everyone was up in the HC. Portofino opens at noon, so definitely go there! We had a very serene and delicious lunch!

Thanks for the info! We definitely plan to go. We've done it 3 times now. (Missed it on our Honeymoon cruise due to a post-wedding brunch that morning.) Two years ago, I loved taking my kids to such a wonderful lunch as soon as we were on the ship to start off their cruise right. This time we are taking my mom and aunt and it is a first cruise for both of them, so I really want to make it special.

Sherry,

Do they try to direct you to the buffet when you embark the ship ? It seems like most people don't know about the dining room lunch.

I definitely want to eat in the dining room for my first meal on board !

Do they try to direct you to the buffet when you embark the ship ? It seems like most people don't know about the dining room lunch.

I definitely want to eat in the dining room for my first meal on board !

My experience is that they do try to direct people towards the buffet. I know better and head to the dining room. Sometimes they act surprised to see us come in, and question whether we want to eat there and have even asked if we'd rather go to the buffet. I just say that I always like to have lunch in the dining room and they give in and seat us.

For anyone who hasn't had the embarkation day lunch and wonder why it's so important to me:

599738_4273748879424_1475900100_n.jpg

292431_4273752279509_290935123_n.jpg

Thanks so much for the lunch info on the embarkation day, I have been trying to find this out!! Is that a souffle I see??? I love the chocolate one, and heard they serve it on the last night, so I have to plan on eating in the Crown Grill on other nights!

Also thanks for re-posting the patters, I can now easily read them, and plan on doing that this afternoon. One week until sailing!

Thanks so much for the lunch info on the embarkation day, I have been trying to find this out!! Is that a souffle I see??? I love the chocolate one, and heard they serve it on the last night, so I have to plan on eating in the Crown Grill on other nights!

Also thanks for re-posting the patters, I can now easily read them, and plan on doing that this afternoon. One week until sailing!

Yes, that's an orange souffle with Grand Marnier Vanilla sauce. In the past they have also had a passionfruit souffle on the first night. I always wished they would split the souffles up a bit, so I didn't have to eat two on the same day. ;)

• 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...