How do you get a bridge tour?

flip270

You can always ask before you book the Behind the Scenes Tour, or via your Roll Call or in general but that's no guarantee, it's up to the discretion of the Captain. You can't pay for it per se, it's one of those toss ups. :)

I don't know about the Breakaway, but on the other ships, there is usually a bridge viewing room from which you can get a very good view of the bridge and crew. Free.

Looking at the Breakaway's deck plans, it doesn't appear that there's a bridge viewing room.

On some ships, they do offer a paid bridge tour. Usually around $55.

Looking at the Breakaway's deck plans, it doesn't appear that there's a bridge viewing room.

On some ships, they do offer a paid bridge tour. Usually around $55.

They offer a paid ship tour. The bridge may or may not be included, at the discretion of the captain. No guarantees.

They offer a paid ship tour. The bridge may or may not be included, at the discretion of the captain. No guarantees.

Thanks for the correction. I forgot that the bridge is not guaranteed as part of the "Behind the Scenes" tour.

At our Meet & Greet, last December on the Star, the Captain and Officers came and invited everyone to a bridge tour towards the end of the cruise.

We had a great time, not rushed, and everything was explained to us. They had refreshments for us, and allowed us to take pictures, have one of DW & the Captain.

Thats one way. :):);)

At our Meet & Greet, last December on the Star, the Captain and Officers came and invited everyone to a bridge tour towards the end of the cruise.

We had a great time, not rushed, and everything was explained to us. They had refreshments for us, and allowed us to take pictures, have one of DW & the Captain.

Thats one way. :):);)

But that's completely at the discretion of the captain, we never have gotten the invite for joining the M&G on any other ships though.

We also got the tour on the Star (Apr 12) - can't remember if there were refreshments at the time but our M&G group was so big (IIRC 150+) that we were divided in to several groups that spanned over few sea days.

An invite to tour the bridge seems to be a routine event on the Star for Meet & Greet attendees as we received one on our 2012 cruise as well. So book the Star quick before the captain is rotated to a different ship!:D

An invite to tour the bridge seems to be a routine event on the Star for Meet & Greet attendees as we received one on our 2012 cruise as well. So book the Star quick before the captain is rotated to a different ship!:D

The Star has 2 captains that rotate - 10 weeks on, 10 off. One of the captains is much more likely to have bridge tours than the other.

The highest possibility of getting a bridge tour seems to be with participating in the Meet and Greet. It is hit or miss depending on the ship. Example, never able to get on the bridge of the Spirit for any reason. Star invited all Meet and Greet members and a separate tour for all suite guests. Have noticed that many on the past Star cruises have made the tour.

Behind the scenes tour's seem to rarely get onto the bridge.

Best advice, participate in the Meet and Greet, if your in a suite, talk to the Concierge.

Enjoy your cruise!!!

On NCL I have been on bridge tours on almost every ship I have been on. Either because I was in a suite(on the Majesty), the Meet and Greet invitation or as part of the back tour. I haven't been on the Breakaway yet. Its always up to the discretion of the Captain.

If this doesn't work, sit down and write a note to the Captain when you get on board. If you have a very good reason to ask for one, you might get an invite. If you are ex-navy tell the captain that. if its something special do that as well. You might be surprised with an invite...

As others have mentioned, if you can swing it, book a suite and check with the concierge. All suite guests on my sailing of the Sun received an invite to tour the bridge. The captain gave an extensive talk/tour of the bridge and took pics with everyone afterwards. It was pretty cool! :)

Archived