Hotel in San Juan

dbd0512

We will be flying in the day before our Carnival cruise and need to find a hotel to stay the night. I would rather be closer to the port than the airport. We have never been to San Juan so if you could give me recomendations on a hotel or an area that would be great

I've been researching the same thing... It looks like there's only 1 hotel walking distance to the port but it requires a two night stay @ $140.00 per night which seems a little high for me since our flight comes in at 10pm so we just need a hotel to sleep in . I ended up just booking Hotel Milano and hoping for the best.. : )

DW and myself are staying at Hotel Casablanca which is very close to the pier and walking distance to most everything in Old San Juan. Old, but very beautiful hotel, but no elevator. Has great reviews. We are paying $119 per night. Even has a light breakfast in the mornings. Hope this helps!

The Sheraton is good if you like a more full featured American style hotel. It's right across from the port and right in the middle of everything. It is a pricey however.

They also require a 2 night stay. I even called them directly to see if they ever waive it and was told no. For my January sailing, I need 2 rooms and they are over $300 each so I definately can't afford to add on another day :(

We stayed 1 night in the Plaza Del (De?) Armas, and LOVED it! It was a short walk to the ship, maybe 15 min at most on foot. I was slightly concerned about the distance when looking at google earth, but it wasn't bad at all. I think we paid $80 forg one night, and there was tons to do withing walking distance.

I just booked Hotel Casablanca in Old San Juan. We have never stayed there, but it got good reviews on TA and also from people on here. It was $119 and I was told it's walking distance to the port.

• 2 weeks later...
We will be flying in the day before our Carnival cruise and need to find a hotel to stay the night. I would rather be closer to the port than the airport. We have never been to San Juan so if you could give me recomendations on a hotel or an area that would be great

Celebrity ships do not leave from the pier in Old San Juan. They leave from the Pan American Pier. If you are booking OSJ hotels because you think the ship is leaving from there, be aware.

The OP is sailing on Carnival so an OSJ hotel would be fine.

Not sure about the other posters, so worth pointing out that other than Carnival, the other lines depart from Pan Am. :)

Also just booked Hotel CasaBlanca for our April Valor sailing. I based on this post and confirming excellent reviews on Tripadvisor. Sent an email to hotel day after booking and they responded within the hour.

We are staying at Da House in old San Juan. Rates start at $80 plus tax. Not sure about walking but with this rate taxi would work. It is probably a few blocks. Read reviews, no elevator and has a Salsa club on first floor can be very loud. We stayed there a few years ago and we thought it was fine, we will be staying 2 nites before our next cruise.

Archived