need some help, lots of ?'s

lthouseprincess

Ok we will be getting in to PR on A friday around 4pm and want a place to stay Friday night that would be close to the Royal ship that would not be to much $$.

Also where would we go for tourist shopping stuff becasue we would have all day Saturday.

Then the following saturday we get off royal so I want maybe a nice but not too spendy place to stay on the ocean because we then get on the carnival ship on sunday.

Also what would the rate of a cab from the carnival ship to the airport be, wondering if we should pay the $15 each for us to do a carnival transfer or a cab??

What do you suggest?? I really love laying on the beach and also tousist shopping.

Ok we will be getting in to PR on A friday around 4pm and want a place to stay Friday night that would be close to the Royal ship that would not be to much $$.

Also where would we go for tourist shopping stuff becasue we would have all day Saturday.

Then the following saturday we get off royal so I want maybe a nice but not too spendy place to stay on the ocean because we then get on the carnival ship on sunday.

Also what would the rate of a cab from the carnival ship to the airport be, wondering if we should pay the $15 each for us to do a carnival transfer or a cab??

What do you suggest?? I really love laying on the beach and also tousist shopping.

Royal ships dock at the Pan Am Pier, a place I've stayed that is pretty close is Miramar Hotel. It's nothing fancy, but it's nice and clean, rooms have fridge and microwave, it's inexpensive, and they have a great rooftop patio for cocktails :D Look it up on Tripadvisor for ranking and lots of photos.

Carnival docks at the Old San Juan pier. Staying in Old San Juan is generall pretty spendy and many places have a 2 night minimum.

Another place I'd recommend is the San Juan Plaza Hotel, it's less than 2 blocks from Condado beach, so an easy walk without the beach hotel price. They have a pool too. Again there are lots of reviews on Tripadvisor and customer photos.

Shopping is all over San Juan and Old San Juan, I prefer Old San Juan for the atmosphere, cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, awesome views of the water.

The drive from the airport to either cruise terminal is only about 20-30 minutes and there are surely hundreds of hotels/rentals to pick from, so you'll just have to do a little research to see what's best for you. A cab is $20 + $1 per bag. So you'd save a little by not using the Carnival transport. Sometimes it's worth a few bucks for the convenience though. Good luck.

Shopping is all over San Juan and Old San Juan, I prefer Old San Juan for the atmosphere, cobblestone streets, colorful buildings, awesome views of the water.

The drive from the airport to either cruise terminal is only about 20-30 minutes and there are surely hundreds of hotels/rentals to pick from, so you'll just have to do a little research to see what's best for you. A cab is $20 + $1 per bag. So you'd save a little by not using the Carnival transport. Sometimes it's worth a few bucks for the convenience though. Good luck.

I agree about Old San Juan - it's great. There's nothing more convenient than a taxi.

Hotels aren't cheap in SJU, especially on the water.

I took a cruise from San Juan last year & hands down the port in Old San Juan is the best!!! From the convenience of cvs across the street...and senor frogs :D!! Shops and food places were awesome too.

I'm planning my next cruise now and wanted to know if there's another port to leave from that is as awesome as the one in Old San Juan?? Any help is much appreciated:)

Archived