Just back from the Ruby;12 day Greek Isles

TW6cruiser

I was on the same cruise and as entertainment is subjective I would say the live bands were excellent, the resident ones were "23 Degrees Duo" and (very good) "Goodtimes Inc". The DJ did play by Calypso pool and Skywalkers and was possibly the most miserable person on the ship though his music was good.

I watched movies Argo and Skyfall, both of which I found very good.

As I said its horses for courses though!

Mike

Thanks, Mike, now that sounds more like it!! Hope these guys (and Arny G in Crooners) are still on the ship mid September.:D

• 2 weeks later...
As for the question on the excursions: We have always enjoyed our Princess excursions except this one to Murano/Burano. It was a nice lagoon boat ride from the ship. But when we got to Murano, all we did was get off the boat and went directly into a glass shop/factory. The 'tour' was just about a 10 minute glass blowing demonstration and then time in their gift shop. Then back on the boat. We did not get to walk around Murano at all or see any of the rest of the island. We were in Venice 3 years ago and had about an hour glass blowing demonstration actually right in Venice that was much more well done. After Murano, then we went to Burano. We had time to walk around there on our own which was nice. The island is lovely, there are beautifully colored houses. The lace shops are lovely and I bought a beautiful lace tablecloth. The lace making demonstration was quite nice. If I was to do it again, I'd take the ship boat shuttle into Venice and then just take the vaparetto to Murano and or Burano and walk around on my own. We enjoyed the Burano stop but the Murano stop was a waste of time in my opinion. All the other ship tours that we took were very well done.

We went to both islands and very cheaply on the vaporetto. (water bus). Didn't like Murano and loved, loved, loved Burano (where we purchased some lovely lace and also, glass jewelery). I would not pay to take a ship tour as this is one excursion that you can do on your own without worry.

Do you remember who the port lecturer was? Was he/she useful or just trying to sell excursions? We found Joe May very helpful for DIY info on our first Mediterranean cruise, and while its unlikely we will cross paths with him again, we can always hope!

Thanks.

Do you remember who the port lecturer was? Was he/she useful or just trying to sell excursions? We found Joe May very helpful for DIY info on our first Mediterranean cruise, and while its unlikely we will cross paths with him again, we can always hope!

Thanks.

When we were on in May the port lecturer was Joe May, and you are correct. He was wonderful! Don't know how long he is on for.

Thanks.

Joe was the lecturer on the Ruby P. last week (June 17 - 29). He was useful in providing DIY information.

It's hard to pick a favorite on this cruise. We really loved Mykonos ans Santorini. Those places were even more beautiful than we expected. For seeing historical sites we were blown away with Ephesus. We really liked all the ports. Dubrovnik was a special place too to walk the wall and see the town. The only stop we could have lived without really was Corfu but ony because in comparison it was not as picturesque as the others but we still enjoyed the town.

It's hard to pick a favorite on this cruise. We really loved Mykonos ans Santorini. Those places were even more beautiful than we expected. For seeing historical sites we were blown away with Ephesus. We really liked all the ports. Dubrovnik was a special place too to walk the wall and see the town. The only stop we could have lived without really was Corfu but ony because in comparison it was not as picturesque as the others but we still enjoyed the town.

I agree with this post. Mykonos was really surprising in how picturesque it is. We also can't forget Athens on this cruise. Our reaction to Corfu was the same as yours. I think we would have been happier wandering around the old town instead of venturing out to the palaces.

• 1 month later...

Archived