Sydney Tour Company Question

Don Blackwood is one of the tour guides with Blue Diamond. We just got back from touring with Blue Diamond in Sydney. Our guide's name was Ian, and he was very nice and very imformative. We were very pleased with our tour. When we had lunch, we lunched with the group that went with Don and I sat next to him at lunch. He was also very nice. I think that you will not be disappointed if you use this tour company.

BlackJack, I assume you know you will only be seeing a small part of the Cabot Trail (and in my opinion not the best part).

You will enjoy it but I don't want you to be disappointed or wonder what all the fuss is about.

Hi Maryann -

Yes, we know that we will not be able to complete the entire Cabot Trail. We are hoping to get as far as Neil's Harbor and will forgo lunch to see more of the scenery.

If it is a foggy day and visibility limited, do you have any alternate tours/suggestions?

Maryann, we are only in port in Sydney from 10am to 5pm so I know we can't see the whole Cabot Trail, but we really want to see some of it. I see that you have shared many helpful links on other threads so I hate to ask the same old questions again. But, I'm still completely confused about what to do. My husband is an avid photographer so we really want to see the best possible scenery in the time we have. What do you think would be the better choice: to drive up to Ingonish or to do the Baddeck loop?

Maybe a few of my inadequate photos will help you decide. These are from Oct. 16 - 19, 2008 and the leaves were gorgeous. The first ten are from the Cabot Trail with the first few of those being between Neil's Harbour and Ingonish. Then there are a few going down Cape Smoky and getting to the ferry at Englishtown. The last twelve are from the Iona area and Highland Village on the Bras D'Or Lakes.

https://picasaweb.google.com/114275279668559254029/CapeBreton08Selected

Maryann, we are only in port in Sydney from 10am to 5pm so I know we can't see the whole Cabot Trail, but we really want to see some of it. I see that you have shared many helpful links on other threads so I hate to ask the same old questions again. But, I'm still completely confused about what to do. My husband is an avid photographer so we really want to see the best possible scenery in the time we have. What do you think would be the better choice: to drive up to Ingonish or to do the Baddeck loop?

Others have mentioned what to do should it be fogged in, typically the fog lifts off by 11am (depends on the day of course) it's has been very hot this last week - depends when you are visiting. There is a new Aboriginal Interpretive Centre in Sydney and I understand they are offering FREE shuttles at the pier (a 5 min drive) to the centre just above Sydney. Here is a link to the website http://www.membertouheritagepark.com I just moved here and so I have been trying to get out to different museums, etc. The day I went they had locals doing a very well done interpretive dance in full dress. It was only an hour and I believe I paid less than $10 to enter. Tour was about an hour long with a good offering of local history. You could easily include this with other Sydney tours and or the Miner's Museum in Glace Bay and /or Louisbourg Fortress.

Archived