Mex Tax Back ??

soccerdad64

What number did you call? We got ours, but my mom never got hers.

U

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

I found this online

For personal information, please contact guest services at:

info@taxback.com.mx

Cordillera de los Andes # 240

Col. Lomas de Chapultepec

México City, 11000 MEXICO Tels. +52-555202.6262

I forgot that I filled out the form, but didn't have my passport at the time. I send a picture of it and got my refund almost a year later. I was the one who caused the hold up. I had he claim number on my paperwork and it got processed really quickly. I figured there would be a statue of limitations, but they didn't have any problems.

On a different credit card/unrelated. I had someone in Washington DC book four tickets to Qatar on my Amex,with a different billing address and the company didn't notice. I caught it on my bill. No matter what you do CC thieves are out there. I fought the charge and won.

That is the same letter I received after several months, I think it's a canned response. Sadly if I had waited till the next port, i would have gotten the same deal without having to wait for my refund, Which by the way, I still have not received. I bought the watch in Feb of 2014 and it's now Sept and still nothing. If i had waited for the watch i really wanted, as they had it. I was told by the shop who called the other one, said they didn't have one. :confused: :mad: Either way, I learned my lesson on this. I would have returned the watch, but the band was cut to size. It's buyer beware of this Money Back exchange from Mexico.

The email link etc. is or was in my case highlighted on my paperwork from the company that handles that which is http://moneyback.mx/

She will need all the numbers and codes listed on her paper work.

Here is the last email I received

Hello George,

I have reviewed the documentation and found everything in order.

First of all I would like to offer you an apology on behalf of all of us.

During this year, the company has passed through several changes due to the change in government this year.

In order to increase the security of our valuable customers information and due to the fact that the administrative laws has changed for us by our government.

Unfortunately during that process we gained a delay on the payment of our refunds of the shopping incentives.

As soon as we receive the money from the government we are going to pay it, I don’t know exactly the dates, we are working hard to ensure that you receive your money.

I want to thank you so much for being so patient, helpful and kind providing us this time to get your reimbursement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me, if you have any further inquiries.

Respectfully,

Mario H. Navarrete López

Customer Service / Servicio al cliente.

Moneyback CZM Costa Maya

Tel.+52 (987) 989 6400

That is the same letter I received after several months, I think it's a canned response. Sadly if I had waited till the next port, i would have gotten the same deal without having to wait for my refund, Which by the way, I still have not received. I bought the watch in Feb of 2014 and it's now Sept and still nothing. If i had waited for the watch i really wanted, as they had it. I was told by the shop who called the other one, said they didn't have one. :confused: :mad: Either way, I learned my lesson on this. I would have returned the watch, but the band was cut to size. It's buyer beware of this Money Back exchange from Mexico.

Sorry to hear you didn't get your moneyback yet.

Guess I was lucky.

If I waited to the next port the watch I bought would have been $200 higher than what I paid before the Tax Back.

Actually mine would have been a wash, as I initially walked out and they sent two from the store to get me back. I would have done the deal, but the store wouldn't return the other watch as it was cut.

I still got a good deal on the watch, it was a limited edition one. But when you're looking for a certain one, and only to find it at the next port. I was somewhat disappointed with the other place, as they told me they didn't have it, After they called to see if they had the watch available.

I think the Money Back thing is good for them, but Mexico is so corrupt. I would never do it again, unless they assume the risk of getting the money back. Unless it's a super limited edition and very desirable and hard to find model.

Sorry to hear you didn't get your moneyback yet.

Guess I was lucky.

If I waited to the next port the watch I bought would have been $200 higher than what I paid before the Tax Back.

• 9 months later...

It's not a scam but I think funding the program is a problem. We made a purchase and applied for the "moneyback" program. The program was advertised (http://www.moneyback.mx) as a 8.97% return on money spent (purchases greater than $1,200 MXN pesos) within 45 days. I followed up on my application with email to info@moneyback.mx and did get a prompt response. Apparently application was approved but funding from the Mexican government for the program has not come through. It seems like a good program to encourage spending in Mexico, but the execution of the program is suspect to say the least.

SUCCESS! In 2112, I bought an expensive John Hardy cuff in a big downtown Cozumel jewelry store. Since no jeweler on any island is supposed to discount that brand, the store touted that this rebate that the Mexican government provides would make Cozumel cheaper than anywhere else for JH merchandise. I filled out the government paperwork but truly was skeptical. Low and behold, about 4 months later I received a check for the rebate in the mail. It took awhile to fill out the paperwork so I wouldn't waste my time for a cheaper item but the cuff was really pricey (over $1000) so getting an additional 5% back was well-worth the time. So, in 2012, this tax refund was legit!

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all the responses. We were about to send another email regarding a purchase we made at DI in March of this year. The process was simple enough in Cozumel after finding the small office in the shopping area and filling out the paper work.

We will give it a couple more weeks and keep our fingers crossed.