Spectacular Splendour Birthday Cruise Review with Pictures

The sandy beach was wonderful and the water was surprisingly warm.

(7 euro for chairs and umbrella)

9000594021_889330e484_z.jpg

9001967338_e805ee980e_z.jpg

9001776414_e5a010210f_z.jpg

After a great day, we returned the car and walked back to the ship.

Statue on the harbor road

9000593833_ca134746d9_z.jpg

9001776378_c66ab27ff2_z.jpg

Thanks for the review. We board the Splendour Saturday. We are also booked in a GS. Can you please tell if there were any loungers on the balcony? I have seen one photo of the balcony and there were no loungers. Only a dining table and two chairs.

Thanks.

No loungers, 2 chairs and a table - Have a great time

Quickly off of the ship, no passport control or customs. Dropped our bags in the red building luggage storage for 4 euros per bag. They close at 5pm. Jumped on the 1 euro people mover

9002415632_4dd4ac65dc_z.jpg

And took the express #2 vaporetto down the Grand Canal to St. Marks

9001234333_04477fef74_z.jpg

9001234297_11354ed1d3_z.jpg

There was a peaceful Turkey support rally going on.

9001234273_9acb1931ae_z.jpg

We retraced our steps, picked up our luggage and took a 40 euro cab ride to the airport.

I have no idea what it is??????

8980318303_9ea0792f88_z.jpg

Hello,

enjoying your posts, thank you.

This piece of artwork was on display in central London at the request of our crazy London Mayor some years ago.

It is called "Alison Lapper Pregnant" by a sculptor called Marc Quinn. - it caused quite a surprise when it went on display - still having the same effect years later!

:)

That evening we attended THE QUEST!!!!!! We do prefer The Quest in Studio B (Voyager class and above), but the Cruise Director and Staff did a great job in the smaller Top Hat Lounge venue.

Enzo - Call me.... (private joke)

8987583693_3f209e9717_z.jpg

[/url]

Enzo was brilliant, we watched the dancing in the Centrum one night from deck 6 and he kept winking at me and tried to reel me in - so funny :D

Thanks for your review, brought back wonderful memories as we were on Splendour the same week. Your photos are fanatastic. Do you have more photos online?

Edited by JM-1972
S

When we arrived at Marco Polo Airport and went to check in, we were told since we were on a Delta code share flight she had to call her Supervisor to check us in. 40 mins later we were finally checked in and on our way to Amsterdam, the Agent said we would get our boarding passes for the JFK flight in AMS.

When we arrived at AMS the agent said she showed our final destination as AMS and of course the seats we had selected 90 days ago were gone. To make a long story bearable, 50 additional mins later, a 10 mile hike to the gate, and another security check, we were finally headed home….

9031995213_556452ea29_z.jpg

Summary

We will never fly Air France / KLM again.

IPAD – We did have the iPad, which worked great for the 1st 4 days, then died.

9034223790_bbbd389d33_z.jpg

Suite – GS was very nice except the constant sound of people dragging their chairs around. It made it difficult to take a nap during the day.

Food – (Subjective) - Very good. There were fewer choices then Voyager and above, but there was always something good. We didn’t eat in the main dining room but enjoyed the full menu in our suite on most nights. Bring back the Vidalia Onion Tart!!!! Room Service was very quick and made no mistakes. Windjammer staff was very friendly. Chops was good even if they overcooked the steak

Park Café – THE ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES ARE AWFUL!!!!!! They are not like Allure or Oasis. The beef is dry and over cooked!!!!!!!! Shameful :-)

Concierge Lounge vs. Diamond Lounge - Both were nice; however since there is no internal bar, the server had to go out to get your drinks. Server Alina from Romania was very friendly and did a good job. Michael from Guyana was very slow and seemed very nervous. I’m not sure why they would put a new waiter in the Diamond Lounge. Telma the Concierge was efficient, but did not really spend time with the guests, unlike Gustavo the Diamond Concierge who was very friendly. One thing that needs to be added to both lounges is a steno set instead of the french fry heat lamp. The hors d'oeuvres were cold on most nights.

Shout out to – Jean Marc and Patrice our new friends from France.

9031995197_886d59c57c_z.jpg

Suite Attendant – George was outstanding.

Bar Service – Shout out to Devon, the Beverage Manager, who came to the Diamond Lounge almost every night to talk to the guests. Thanks for having Guava for the Guava-ritas!!!!!

Score – I was going to give this cruise a 98, but I’m going to deduct 8 points for the bad roast beef sandwiches, so the overall score is a 90. Splendour is a great little ship. The staff did a fantastic job. I would definitely sail on her again.

Another great RCCL vacation – We remain “Loyal to Royal”

This is Ken Jarvis and I approve this review

Enzo, call me…..