Carnival Karaoke night!

ladycooki3

Girlfriend did it a few years ago. She never would have even considered it sober. And after we heard her, we wish she hadn't considered it after a few too many "drinks of the day!" Nobody couldn't tell her she wasn't Diana Ross. We were like oh lawwdd!!!:p:p

Yes, I totally made a fool of myself a couple of times this past week singing karaoke. I figure that I will never see any of these people again so why not? It was fun!

Ha ha I said the same thing " they won't see me again I hope " lol

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Girlfriend did it a few years ago. She never would have even considered it sober. And after we heard her, we wish she hadn't considered it after a few too many "drinks of the day!" Nobody couldn't tell her she wasn't Diana Ross. We were like oh lawwdd!!!:p:p

I'm cracking up that to funny @ Diana Ross , I've been practicing for this night. Yea when you had drinks to many your whole Perception changes lol

Karaoke is every night. Check your Fun Times for exact schedule...nights and lounges change.

For even more fun, try Superstar Live! Singing with a live band is pretty freakin' awesome!

I hope you don't mind, I pasted a link to give you an idea of what the Superstar Karaoke experience is like. :-)

Karaoke is every night. Check your Fun Times for exact schedule...nights and lounges change.

For even more fun, try Superstar Live! Singing with a live band is pretty freakin' awesome!

I hope you don't mind, I pasted a link to give you an idea of what the Superstar Karaoke experience is like. :-)

Fun!! Was the song selection decent?

Wow you were really good.

There are a couple hundred to choose from. Regular karaoke has the usual big huge book with thousands.......

Yea I need to be able to pick my own song lol

My daughter and I both sing - she sings in various school groups, I sing in a women's a cappella group and I'm a section leader for a church choir as well as a cantor. We will definitely be doing karaoke!

That's wonderful for me I'm the leader of my own group " singing in the bathroom " lol

If you've been practicing then you will be in the top 50 o/o of participants. Go up and have fun but be prepared to have your ears hurting if you stay too long.

Its a good family activity for us as our DD's are quite good singers so we go as a family quite often but I do have to admit when DH and I cruise together we avoid Kareoke because if we want to hear a bad singer we just have to get in the car and turn on the radio and listen to me sing along. :eek:

If you've been practicing then you will be in the top 50 o/o of participants. Go up and have fun but be prepared to have your ears hurting if you stay too long.

Its a good family activity for us as our DD's are quite good singers so we go as a family quite often but I do have to admit when DH and I cruise together we avoid Kareoke because if we want to hear a bad singer we just have to get in the car and turn on the radio and listen to me sing along. :eek:

Lol yea I just have to get over ppl looking at me while I'm singing that's the part I have to get pass

Karaoke is fun unless you follow a pro. I can carry a tune but sometimes a professional entertainer on vacation will perform and they make the rest of us look bad. Or you get a group of drunks who can't sing and pick out the 7 minute songs. BUT, that's what karaoke is. OP, go for it and have fun.

Karaoke is fun unless you follow a pro. I can carry a tune but sometimes a professional entertainer on vacation will perform and they make the rest of us look bad. Or you get a group of drunks who can't sing and pick out the 7 minute songs. BUT, that's what karaoke is. OP, go for it and have fun.

Yep, that's exactly how it got the nickname Scare-e-okee!:D

Lol @ 7 minute but yes I'm a go for it thank you

When we cruised with our adult children back in 2008, my youngest son was the karaoke king on the Triumph. He sang several songs each night. People recognized him and would come up to him in the dining room and other public areas and say, "Hey, aren't you the guy that sang _ _ _ ?" One night we all got up and sang, which resulted in my husband being selected to play Frank Sinatra in the Legends show. Even my tone deaf son-in-law performed at karaoke. It was fun experiencing it together as a family.

I LOVE karaoke!!! LOVE IT!

And Superstar is even more awesome!

I have a couple you tube videos of carnival karaoke.

just search my name: Shannon Fonseca

Go and have a blast.. its so fun.. make a few videos of your own.. be a star. :)

A lot of the songs I like and can do well are no longer in their books. They have two sets, one by title and the other by artist. I think you can bring your own disc too. I've sung the same songs in two different cruises because most of the songs are too current for my taste and these were the only ones I could find that I knew!

When we cruised with our adult children back in 2008, my youngest son was the karaoke king on the Triumph. He sang several songs each night. People recognized him and would come up to him in the dining room and other public areas and say, "Hey, aren't you the guy that sang _ _ _ ?" One night we all got up and sang, which resulted in my husband being selected to play Frank Sinatra in the Legends show. Even my tone deaf son-in-law performed at karaoke. It was fun experiencing it together as a family.

That's real nice

I sing on every cruise that I go on and I won the karaoke singing contest on the Carnival Legend June 2012 and played James Brown in the passenger show. I wouldn't consider myself a masterful singer but I enjoyed singing every night and had quite a few "fans" that would see me on the ship and say hello. I say go for it and sing, sing, sing.

Superstar karaoke is by far the most fun cuz the live band gives you a more true feel of the song but the selection there is somewhat limited.

Archived