New to NCL do they have photo packages?

deneen716

I looked at my review from Epic (12/2012) and these were the prices from THAT cruise:

"The prices are $19.99 for the 8x10s and when we went to our binder after the 2nd night we already had over 30 pictures we wanted {gulp} - (yes, I am a SUCKER who cannot walk away from a picture of her children - it's my one big expense on a cruise)

Unlimited Package to the rescue! For $249 you can take as many pictures as you like and walk away with them ALL on disk at the end of the cruise! If you want the prints and the disk - that was higher - in the $300's

So we bought the Unlimited Package. And we made it a point to get pictures taken everywhere.

There was another package for $149 - walk away with TEN 8x10's

The disk does come with a photo release. So as soon as I got home - I sent them all to WalMart photo center."

I looked at my review from Epic (12/2012) and these were the prices from THAT cruise:

"The prices are $19.99 for the 8x10s and when we went to our binder after the 2nd night we already had over 30 pictures we wanted {gulp} - (yes, I am a SUCKER who cannot walk away from a picture of her children - it's my one big expense on a cruise)

Unlimited Package to the rescue! For $249 you can take as many pictures as you like and walk away with them ALL on disk at the end of the cruise! If you want the prints and the disk - that was higher - in the $300's

So we bought the Unlimited Package. And we made it a point to get pictures taken everywhere.

The disk does come with a photo release. So as soon as I got home - I sent them all to WalMart photo center."

I had not even thought about this, thank you for this post. The only other cruise I went on was with my mom and, though I wish I had some pictures now, at the time it was like last on the list of things we wanted to spend money on so we didn't even bother (although I found out recently after having been sent a box of my mom's things that she actually got an embarkation picture from the trip and it's awaiting a frame and hang even though I'm about 150 pounds heavier than I am now and hate how I look in it lol) but now that I'm a mom, I'm sure I'm going to have to have pictures of my DD and 2 SS's....I hope they still have that unlimited deal on The Gem.

• 4 months later...

Did the disc have the borders like the prints do or just the pics?

Thanks.

I tried to get this on the Pearl last time and was told we couldn't get it. :(

I tried to get this on the Pearl last time and was told we couldn't get it. :(

I wonder if it is available on the new ships only - Epic, Breakaway et al?

The Epic uses that facial technology like Royal does on it's Oasis class ships. I couldn't get that on an older Royal ship so maybe Norwegian is the same?

Edited by crusinmama06

We were on the Sun a week ago. They had a special package for 59.00 which included half off 8 by 10s and 4 by 6s and whatever pics you bought were placed on a thumb drive and a percentage off photo equipment. The last night we were able to talk them into buying 4 and getting one free. We seldom get formal family pics taken so this is our one big splurge.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

...I have a question,,

are the photo packages of only the people in the cabin or do they include any photo you are in? including people in other cabins

ex. we are in 1 cabin ,,but, if we have a group photo with our family in the other 2 cabins, can we still get that photo?

thank ahead for any help.

we are sailing The Gem in October

...I have a question,,

are the photo packages of only the people in the cabin or do they include any photo you are in? including people in other cabins

ex. we are in 1 cabin ,,but, if we have a group photo with our family in the other 2 cabins, can we still get that photo?

thank ahead for any help.

we are sailing The Gem in October

I am pretty sure you can purchase any of the photos! I have bought group photos before.

Enjoy your cruise.

yes, we knew that info,,,,some cruise lines will only allow you to collect photos of those registered in your cabin and some, any photo you are in...I will call them tomorrow to clarify,,,and post what I hear...thanks for your help,,,

Looking forward to hearing what you find out when you call NCL. I hope things haven't changed with the photo packages.

yes, we knew that info,,,,some cruise lines will only allow you to collect photos of those registered in your cabin and some, any photo you are in...I will call them tomorrow to clarify,,,and post what I hear...thanks for your help,,,

I am also interested in hearing what you are told by NCL. We are part of a group of 6 with a total of 3 cabins booked. I am familiar with the photo packages offered which are a huge savings over the individually priced photos once you are onboard. I am hoping that a passenger can buy any photo regardless as to whether or not that passenger appears in the photo. Ideally, I want to purchase the most expensive package offered by NCL and split the photo selections between the 3 cabins I have booked.

When we were on the a Gem in June the photographer actually encouraged us to buy a package and split it amongst the 5 cabins. I don't recall the exact cost, but I also got all the photos on a usb key for no additional fee and used that to make copies for everyone.

,,,Hi everyone,,,NCL told me that as long as I am in the photo, I can have any photo I am in for my photo package,,, which was the policy on other cruise lines we were on. As far as buying a photo that I am not in? I didnt ask that because, I figured that we would share photos from each other's packages...as beachys suggested...so, all is good and will be purchasing several packages for our selves and another cabin as a gift.. Thanks all for your help! it is so nice to have such great interest and help...

,,,Hi everyone,,,NCL told me that as long as I am in the photo, I can have any photo I am in for my photo package,,, which was the policy on other cruise lines we were on. As far as buying a photo that I am not in? I didnt ask that because, I figured that we would share photos from each other's packages...as beachys suggested...so, all is good and will be purchasing several packages for our selves and another cabin as a gift.. Thanks all for your help! it is so nice to have such great interest and help...

Thanks for coming back on to the thread to post the information from NCL. I hope you and your group have a great cruise!

• 8 months later...

How often and where are these pics taken? I was given a 50 pic pkg as part of my CAS booking in the Epic and I had no photo pkg on my last cruise on the Breakaway. I know in the Manhattan terminal there was a pic taken with the image of the ship behind us, but where else and who will be taking these pics?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Forums mobile app

• 5 months later...

Can you still get unlimited photos on a disk during the cruise? Looking to sail on Norwegian Jade in May?