Pantyhose or not?

Neutrogena self-tanner is great. I use the micro-mist level 2 on my legs only, which gives just enough color for me not to feel "winter white" but not so dark that it looks fake. It's not orange and you don't even have to use your hands to spread it on.

Buy a can and try it out once or twice before you cruise.

Spingirl, I just saw a thread about Jergens Natural Glow. I think I will look for that. I hear it is sold out everywhere though...

For casual outfits, sundresses, etc. I go hose-less, but for my formal nights I stick to pantyhose. It helps pull the look together and my feet would probably rub in my shoes if I didn't have the layer of hose there. As an added bonus, my hubby LOVES thigh highs!! ;)

I agree with above. I maybe my age but I love the look of silky hose to complete an outfit. Had my son's date for semi arrive in below zero weather with bare legs......in the snow and sandals' date=' DD tells me I'm out of date. I will be wearing silky hose to formal night and will feel beautiful. That's the name of the game isn't ladies.!!!:)[/quote']

I saw one women this winter in our NY freezing climate going out in formalwear one night wearing a gown, bare feet and sandals with a mink coat. She was in our elevator. My husband, who's no Mr Blackwell, commented (to me privately- later) that he thought she looked ridiculous. I agreed.

Jane

I wouldn't dream of wearing hose on a cruise. Your in the Caribbean (most likely) for gosh sakes. Go hoseless!!!! Now for women that wear bare legs/feet in the winter with sandals.....that looks dumb. But when you are in 80 degree weather and wearing something cut up to there and down to here....show off those gams!

I've been using Avon's new product called Slim and Sleek Leg perfector. I really like it. It seems to tighten the skin on my legs and I don't have so much of a dimpled look:) especially around my knees. It also has a light bronzer in it giving me a little color, but doesn't make my legs look orangey.:rolleyes: I plan to take some of this with me on my cruise, even though I plan to tan before I go. I like the way it makes my legs feel smoother. No hose for me...I'm on VACATION!!:D

I think it depends a lot on where you live. Here in Atlanta, no one wears hose, no matter what time of year and no matter how formal the dress. Once you get used to bare legs, it would be really tough to go back to wearing hose.

I think it depends a lot on where you live. Here in Atlanta, no one wears hose, no matter what time of year and no matter how formal the dress. Once you get used to bare legs, it would be really tough to go back to wearing hose.

I hear you! I live in Charlotte, and I do not wear hose with my dresses to work either, but I am wearing casual dresses, not formals lol. In the winter here I don't wear dresses at all, so don't have to worry about hose then either.:)

Can you spell y-e-a-s-t infection? Sorry to be crude and sorry men...jump out of this thread while you can! :D

I am of the strong belief that if men had to wear panty hose, they would be much more comfortable, breath better and they would actually wear skirts! Wearing panty hose in 90 deg temps is just an invitation for discomfort. I have not worn panty hose in over 5 years and I live in Canada where the weather doesn't always agree with my choices.

I decided years ago to wear dresses or skirts only as long as I could stand the cold, then I would switch to pants. I usually last from about April til November. I have even worn very formal pants outfits to very formal company Christmas parties just to avoid the hose.

A big of sunless tanning lotion or a couple of sessions at the fake n' bake before your cruise should to just the job you need on your legs.

With that said, if support hose are what you need, then go for it. Coming from a family where varicose veins run rampant (myself excluded, thank goodness) I get the need for the support. There isn't much you can do about that.

On October 17 on the transatlantic Galaxy cruise from Rome to Galveston, there will be men with their wives who will be crossdressed. I am one of these men. This will be our 25th cruise with men who crossdress and wives. Yes, most crossdressers are married and not gay. Most like myself when in a dress at night will wear hose. I prefer thigh highs. My wife, on the other hand, hates any kind of hose and only wears thigh highs when necessary. I enjoy the silky feeling on my legs and the look when wearing heels.

Mel aka Melanie

I think this is a case of wearing whatever you feel most comfortable with, but if you choose to go bare, I would suggest you be smooth, moisturized, and pedicured. :)

I personally would not wear nylons in a warm climate or on a warm-weather cruise. I live in Arizona, and you don't see them much here at all. With triple-digit temperatures, you learn to jettison anything that is not absolutely necessary! :p

I did, however, live in a colder climate for several years, where hose were a staple item. I owned them in every weight and color, and wore them with pretty much everything.

Hi, thought I'd add my two cents. Have any of you ever tried the Hanes toeless pantyhose? These work very well with sandals. Your legs look great but your pedicured toes are still bare. I love them! I do not feel dressed unless I am wearing pantyhose with a dressy dress. I sometimes go without when wearing a more casual sundress. I even use a self tanner before the cruise, but I just don't think my legs look as good unless wearing hose.

Has anyone tried the spray (I saw it on qvc once) that is supposed to make it look like you are wearing hose?

Mary

This may sound tacky to you guys, but if I'm wearing any kind of a heel, I have to wear something or my feet will also rub in my shoes. (No problem with flat sandals.) So, I pack knee hi hose. You can't see them under pants or a long-ish dress and my feet are comfortable and look finished.

Funny story: about 12 years ago we were going on a cruise and I totally forgot to pack my husband's black socks. All the ship had were navy blue thick woolen socks. Sooooo, 3 pair of knee hi hose equal one pair of men's black socks. It worked for him. Now I never forget to pack his socks!!!!

Esther

Have you tried the footless pantyhose? I use them alot under pants and crop pants. You get that wonderful "tummy and thigh" control and can still wear sandals. They also work great under formal wear when you want to appear barefooted but still need that bit of control.

Barb

Does everyone/anyone wear pantyhose with their formal cocktail dresses on formal night? Also wondering if it is okay NOT to wear them to casual night dinners if I am wearing a sundress? I simply just don't know if my dresses will look nice without pantyhouse (I am very fair skinned), but I don't want to be the only one wearing them either because they are so uncomfortable!
It's very acceptable these day's to not wear hose. I won't be wearing hose at all, I plan on wearing sandals each night, so no need for any hose :)

Maybe it is an 'age' thing, but I don't feel dressed without pantyhose unless wearing sandals. I cannot wear regular shoes without the buffer of stockings on my feet. Any of you who feel like I do understand that sticky sweaty feel of closed shoes on bare feet.

Each to their own...

Happy cruising!

Archived