Provence & Villefranche for Seven Youngsters!

IHeartTravel

Hello everyone!

My friends and I are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas departing from Barcelona in September. I have looked at the excursions on the Royal Caribbean website to get an idea of what there is to do in each city. Just wondering if anyone has any more/other suggestions.

My friends and I like the beach, wine tasting, shopping, eating at local restaurants, sightseeing, anything fun/exciting. We are in our late twenties.

Here is what I thought we could do in France. Please let me know your thoughts:

Provence (Toulon), France

8:00AM - 6:00PM

Saint Tropez OR Marseille OR Aix-en-Provence?

Villefranche (Nice), France

7:00AM - 7:00PM

Nice/Cannes OR Monaco/Monte Carlo OR French Riviera?

Thank you!

Hello everyone!

My friends and I are sailing on the Liberty of the Seas departing from Barcelona in September. I have looked at the excursions on the Royal Caribbean website to get an idea of what there is to do in each city. Just wondering if anyone has any more/other suggestions.

My friends and I like the beach, wine tasting, shopping, eating at local restaurants, sightseeing, anything fun/exciting. We are in our late twenties.

Here is what I thought we could do in France. Please let me know your thoughts:

Provence (Toulon), France

8:00AM - 6:00PM

Saint Tropez OR Marseille OR Aix-en-Provence?

Villefranche (Nice), France

7:00AM - 7:00PM

Nice/Cannes OR Monaco/Monte Carlo OR French Riviera?

Thank you!

Given your ages and tastes, I would say Saint Tropez from Toulon.

No idea what they mean by a French Riviera excursion from Villefranche since all the shore form Marseilles to Italy is the French Riviera. Toss up here. Can't go wrong with any excursion that includes Cannes, Nice, St Paul, Eze and/or Monaco. Don't know how much time the excursions take, but you have 12 hours. You can do the Monaco excursion that hopefully includes Eze and then go to Nice on your own and walk around the Flower Market and the Promenade des Anglais. Or after you return from the excursion to Villefranche (lovely town with good restaurants in the port), you can practically walk to Saint Jean-Cap Ferrat (3 miles) or take cabs there. Cap Ferrat will give you a glimpse of the lives of the truly rich and famous. Get a guide book and see what interests you.

Thank you for the suggestions! My friends and I definitely want to go to St. Tropez, heard so many good things about it as well as Nice, Monaco and Monte Carlo.

I've never heard of Eze but will do my homework and see where we can fit it in. We want to have a great time and see as much as possible!

• 2 weeks later...

:confused: .......... st TROPEZ ???????

YES BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT FROM VILLEFRANCHE IT TAKES ABOUT 2 AND HALF HOURS TO GET THERE WITH A CAR AND IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE OF NOT HEAVY OR RUSH TRAFFIC ( IN SUMMER TIME IT S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE)

AND FROM TOULON ITS MORE FAR AWAY !!!!!!

:confused: .......... st TROPEZ ???????

YES BUT THE PROBLEM IS THAT FROM VILLEFRANCHE IT TAKES ABOUT 2 AND HALF HOURS TO GET THERE WITH A CAR AND IF YOU HAVE THE CHANCE OF NOT HEAVY OR RUSH TRAFFIC ( IN SUMMER TIME IT S ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE)

AND FROM TOULON ITS MORE FAR AWAY !!!!!!

Toulon is just over one hour from Saint-Tropez. I would go on the D98 instead of the autoroute.

Archived