I want to book my next cruise (using Grandeur fire cert) but...

Can I do it without actually having the cert yet? I have a NC booking with my TA. Already paid the deposit for myself $100 and have $100 OBC. I can just assign that to a cruise correct without paying anything further? The cruise is on my bday :) mid October.

Thanks!

You will need to send the certificate in and there are a few numbers on the certificate that they may require in order to apply the balance to your reservation.

If you can use it towards a NC booking is a great question... one I suspect you'll need to call to get an answer to. We haven't done our replacement cruise shopping just yet, but when we do we'll want that same answer.

Judy

Thanks Judy! My TA actually called RCCL and took care of it all for me. Got the cert numbers and applied it. Still have to pay taxes and port fees on my "free" cruise and because I picked Bermuda... It is going to be over $700 bucks out of pocket which I wasn't expecting. OH well! :rolleyes:

I received my certificate Monday. One has to be careful not to use their certificate for a cruise that costs less than the amount of the certificate or they will forfeit the difference in the price. For example: If you have a certificate for the amount of $1,000 and you book a cruise that cost $800, you would then forfeit $200. Taxes and Port charges are not cover with the certificate. I'm going to book a cruise that is priced higher than the value of my certificate to make sure I get the full value.

Did anyone get their cruise points yet?

I received my certificate Monday. One has to be careful not to use their certificate for a cruise that costs less than the amount of the certificate or they will forfeit the difference in the price. For example: If you have a certificate for the amount of $1,000 and you book a cruise that cost $800, you would then forfeit $200. Taxes and Port charges are not cover with the certificate. I'm going to book a cruise that is priced higher than the value of my certificate to make sure I get the full value.

Did anyone get their cruise points yet?

We have already booked the Oasis for the fall with our certificates and we have not received our 14 points yet

We also want to book our replacement cruise but have been told that you need to have the certificate unless you want to sail prior to August 15. Hoping the points show soon as they will put us up a C&A level. This does give us something to look for in the mailbox everyday.

The main reason I went on the Grandeur was to get 10 more points so my wife and I would become Pineapples on our Sept. 8th sailing on the Explorer. Because I was in a Junior Suite I'll be getting 21 points. MISSION ACCOMPLISHTED!

Im sorry we won't be on the same cruise! :( We are sailing in October. Hope you both have a lovely time!

The main reason I went on the Grandeur was to get 10 more points so my wife and I would become Pineapples on our Sept. 8th sailing on the Explorer. Because I was in a Junior Suite I'll be getting 21 points. MISSION ACCOMPLISHTED!

I have the 50% cert from the May 31st canceled cruise. My TA said they would transfer it if we don't have the certificate when we pay final payment next week. We are doing a cheaper cruise in a cheaper stateroom and our 50% will pay for the whole cruise except taxes according to the TA port is included. I hope they are right because I will then lose some value of the certificate.

Hey Sonny, good for you!!! You are Pineapple now??? Congrats!!!!

Hi to the wife,

Franca

Hi Franca!

No, we're no Pineapples yet, we need 10 more points. Esther and I are suppose to be sailing on the Explorer in September. It's a 11 night cruise from N.J to Canada, so we'll be crowned Pineapples on that cruise.

How is the Captain doing? We you be doing any cruising between now and December?

Congrats!!:):)

Archived