Island Princess Caribe aft mini

jrobinso

I have just booked an aft mini on Island for a Feb 2014 Panama Canal cruise. It has been several years since I was on Island. I know there is a small deck on the Caribe deck aft. I know there were a few lounge chairs out there several years ago. It was a great "private deck" and a great place to view the canal while everyone else was crammed out on the front decks. Have there been any changes to this deck over the last few years?? Are there still loungers available ?

Thank you.

I have just booked an aft mini on Island for a Feb 2014 Panama Canal cruise. It has been several years since I was on Island. I know there is a small deck on the Caribe deck aft. I know there were a few lounge chairs out there several years ago. It was a great "private deck" and a great place to view the canal while everyone else was crammed out on the front decks. Have there been any changes to this deck over the last few years?? Are there still loungers available ?

Thank you.

I was just on the Island in this location last fall. Yes there are still loungers available but my memory tells me that there weren't too many. Maybe 4-5 on each side of the door to the area. But, a great place to relax. Have a wonderful trip. We loved the Panama Canal cruise on the Island

Just off the Island in March. We were in D705 and love the aft position of the cabin! There were only 4-6 loungers on the aft decks. But there were fewer people than that most days, so still a quiet place to sit and read. Even on Panama Canal day there weren't many people back there. :) We chose the Dolphin deck for the covered balcony, you really need a break from the sun on this cruise! Have a great trip!

I was just on the Island in this location last fall. Yes there are still loungers available but my memory tells me that there weren't too many. Maybe 4-5 on each side of the door to the area. But, a great place to relax. Have a wonderful trip. We loved the Panama Canal cruise on the Island

Just off the Island in March. We were in D705 and love the aft position of the cabin! There were only 4-6 loungers on the aft decks. But there were fewer people than that most days, so still a quiet place to sit and read. Even on Panama Canal day there weren't many people back there. :) We chose the Dolphin deck for the covered balcony, you really need a break from the sun on this cruise! Have a great trip!

Thank you both. We did a Panama Canal cruise in 2008 but we had a balcony cabin on Caribe (BA). We visited a fellow CC'ers aft Caribe mini during our canal day and loved it. That's when we discovered that quiet small aft deck. I remember doing laundry and sitting on that little balcony several times. I am glad it still has loungers.

I had a mini on Caribe deck very far aft on the Island some years ago and found the vibrations at night caused a racket in the overhead fixture thing because of the increased revs. Maybe they've fixed the problem, but I wouldn't book there.

Thank you.

Hey Jan. We were on the Hawaii cruise with you last year. We were on the Island at the end of April, in C728, aft mini, with a corner view of the wake. There are not any chairs on the aft deck anymore, but you can take your chairs outside. Our room was very warm almost the whole trip, due to the hot weather outside. Hardly any people were outside on the deck, even on canal day. We did alot of viewing from the horizon court, again due to the heat. Hope your Feb. time has a little cooler weather. We loved the cruise.

Hey Jan. We were on the Hawaii cruise with you last year. We were on the Island at the end of April, in C728, aft mini, with a corner view of the wake. There are not any chairs on the aft deck anymore, but you can take your chairs outside. Our room was very warm almost the whole trip, due to the hot weather outside. Hardly any people were outside on the deck, even on canal day. We did alot of viewing from the horizon court, again due to the heat. Hope your Feb. time has a little cooler weather. We loved the cruise.

Hi Ron and Linda...how are you???? Too bad about the chairs missing from that aft deck. I was so looking forward to sitting out there. Our cabin is a few down from the most aft cabins (C729 and C728) so I don't know about taking one of our chairs out there, but it is a good idea. I did a 19 day Panama Canal cruise on Island April 2008 (round trip out of LA, so a partial crossing only) and yes it was very very warm! I am hoping it will be a bit cooler in February. Good to hear from you and hope you are both doing well.

Jan

OH NO!! We have 2 upcoming cruises on the Island and Coral. I booked the C727 and C728, although they aren't covered, planning on using the loungers on that aft deck. I am very disappointed to hear that they are no longer there. I had visions of hours spent in one of those loungers, with a bucket of beer and my Kindle. Guess I'm going to have to find another spot, now. Color me disappointed. But, I will be on a cruise for 14 days, no matter where I'm sitting. :-) Guess I'm really only a little disappointed. :D

Archived