refund

bubsey

Oh really, Every one of the posts disparaged her post. I never said Oceania owed her anything, but I do expect any poster deserves respect. I doubt she will ever join this forum again.

You're absolutely correct. Many of us disparaged the post. None of us disparaged the person. You, on the other hand, disparared the responding posters by falsely accusing us of put-downs. That just isn't done on Cruise Critic. Quoting from the forum guidelines, "If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person."

You're absolutely correct. Many of us disparaged the post. None of us disparaged the person. You, on the other hand, disparared the responding posters by falsely accusing us of put-downs. That just isn't done on Cruise Critic. Quoting from the forum guidelines, "If you disagree with someone, respond to the subject, not the person."

As can be the case people sometimes are the subject, what happens then?

Obviously some people can't stand sarcastic humor. Not one poster name-called or said anything personal. The only "childish" behavior has been exhibited by those who are upset that the vast majority of us believe that the request for a refund was wholly inappropriate and said so, often in jesting fashion. The critics appear to want to censor this board into dullness.

As for bubsey, she immediately decided to take her ball and go home when no one agreed with her. She could have, alternatively, reconsidered the fairness of her position, but instead castigated us for not understanding her position. Res ipsa loquitur.

As my kids would say, "Chill."

This thread is priceless:). Amazing what a search for getting a 'refund' for canceling a tour and rebooking onboard (to use shipboard credit) will turn up;).

Aside from the fact that I can't understand why anyone would think a refund should be expected for problems from another ship, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the OP couldn't sleep all night. In the quiet solitude of your cabin with the door closed, why would "spewing soot" and an idling engine keep a person awake?

This thread is priceless:). Amazing what a search for getting a 'refund' for canceling a tour and rebooking onboard (to use shipboard credit) will turn up;).

Aside from the fact that I can't understand why anyone would think a refund should be expected for problems from another ship, I'm still scratching my head trying to figure out why the OP couldn't sleep all night. In the quiet solitude of your cabin with the door closed, why would "spewing soot" and an idling engine keep a person awake?

They needed a before bed smoke and were disappointed the other ship was spewing more ash than they were.

At the risk of being flamed, just wanted to comment that when we sailed into Southampton recently, we did get pretty bad fumes in the cabin from an idling Princess ship we passed on the way into port (we were moving v-e-r-y slowly by then as we were close to our dock). It was transitory for us and came in via the cabin air handling system (the air intakes have to be somewhere, after all).

If someone had to breathe that level of exhaust all night (if both ships were stationary), I can imagine it could cause a headache and possible loss of sleep. Not something O could control or for which a refund would be due, of course.

They needed a before bed smoke and were disappointed the other ship was spewing more ash than they were.

That explains it!!!:D

Andromeda, had the OP said that was the problem then I would have been more sympathetic, but they didn't. Reading the post gives no indication that there was any smoke in their cabin.

If that were the case, then I would definitely be sympathetic. But as you say, it still wouldn't warrant any kind of refund ... just one of those things a person might mention in a review as part of a larger picture.

After having been on only one Oceania cruise in all our years of cruising since 1982, and since it was probably the best cruise we have ever been on from the standpoint of the ship, food and staff alone, I guess I was thrown when the OP began with "for the most part it was pleasant".

For me that would be the understatement of the year:).

People feel entilted to all sorts of things that there is no right to expect.

In defense of the OP, in a society where someone can sue and win $3M for getting burned by hot coffee (that they PLACED between their legs in a car, and expected it not to ever spill)......then the idea that someone should be accountable and responsible for the neighboring ship in port being a nuisance could be completely reasonable.

I guess the only way to find out is for the OP to sue Oceania. And Cruise Critic for the emotional distress caused by members not sypathetic to the OP's case.

Yours sincerely, The American Assn of Litigation Attorneys.

:D

I'm an attorney (though not that kind) and totally agree. In Canada, Britain and other civilized nations they have a "loser pays" rule that deters such spurious lawsuits....

Archived