Celebrity website problem

Bleon9

For the past 2 days I have tried to access my online reservation on the Celebrity website and keep getting the same dialogue box message: INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT OPEN THE INTERNET SITE OPERATION ABORTED.

I tried clearing my browser history and JAVA history and this did not help. I tried turning off my Norton Virus protection and still cannot get on to view my online reservation. I can log onto My Celebrity but if I try to look at online reservation I get the error message dialogue box.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks,

Brenda

Celebrity's web site has had constant problems for the past two years. There are many threads discussing this. Wait a couple days and try again.

If your cruise is soon and you need to do the check in ASAP then call Celebrity customer service and do it over the phone. You might want to call and complain about the web site in any event or email them about the issue.

If you feel like making it through a phone call you can also try their Web Support line at: 1-800-722-5941

Our drinks package and OBC keeps appearing and disappearing from our reservation on the website; could the website issues be the reason?

Our cruise isn't until next year, and we can wait. But we just want to make sure they eventually show up. My sister and I both lost OBC from an Open Passages booked cruise we did last year, and when we discovered it while on the cruise, the Front Desk said they'd need to contact corporate, which resulted in...nothing.

So we won't use Open Passages any longer.

Their web site is really bad and they don't seem willing to acknowledge that is is really poor for the basic functions.

But on the bright side the Captain's Club phone seems to be answered right away and the people are usually helpful as long as you don't ask a question about a ship or service. Such as what is above cabin 1234 on the ...

But verifying somethings is usually pretty easy, some stuff is just easier to do aboard ship.

For the past 2 days I have tried to access my online reservation on the Celebrity website and keep getting the same dialogue box message: INTERNET EXPLORER CANNOT OPEN THE INTERNET SITE OPERATION ABORTED.

I tried clearing my browser history and JAVA history and this did not help. I tried turning off my Norton Virus protection and still cannot get on to view my online reservation. I can log onto My Celebrity but if I try to look at online reservation I get the error message dialogue box.

Anyone have any advise?

Thanks,

Brenda

Try a different browser; i.e., Firefox or Chrome. Sometimes that make a difference for me.

Hi Brenda

We have had the same problem for the last two weeks, I was unable to log on to my account for online check in, I called Celebrity and they told me that I can now only use the Celebrity.com site and no longer .co.uk (we are from the UK). No hardship but very strange!

On June 10th, the following was on the Celebrity Website, we booked a

Royal suite on the Infinity...................now it's gone from the website and these amenities are only for the Reflection suite. What's up??

Special Amenities for Penthouse & Royal suites include:

• Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers
  • Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, one Champagne High tea, and the "Five Senses" food and wine pairing dinner in Murano
  • Premium Beverage Package for each guest in the suite
  • Unlimited Internet access for up to six personal devices in the suite, plus complimentary Internet use for the iPad provided in the suite
  • Unlimited use of all items in the mini bar
  • Located in a private area on Deck 14 accessible only by guests carrying the suite's SeaPass® card
  • The entire private Reflection Suite and Signature Suite area can be booked as a whole, accommodating up to 26
  • Higher ceilings than our standard suites by 36.6%
  • Panoramic corner location with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass veranda door and window for maximum views
  • Sea view bathroom with cantilever shower
  • Balcony tubs with rain showers
  • Premium Reverie® Dream Sleep System™ customizable mattresses
  • Stateroom setup of one bottle of vodka and one bottle of scotch with accompanying mixers

I'm a little upset because no one at Celebrity knows what I'm talking about.

I hate to say this, but I think you caught Celebrity in an error -- someone added that to the Infinity's descriptions, realized the error and deleted it again, but you happened to see it in the meantime. Very disappointing, but I can see why nobody at Celebrity's Customer Service knows what's going on. If you took a screen shot on that date and can prove it was on the website on the day you booked, you MIGHT be able to get someone at Celebrity to acknowledge it, but getting them to honor it once you are on board will be a challenge since they can't possibly provide the SeaView bathroom with the cantilevered shower on that ship!!!! Or most of the other details, either. The best you could hope for would be to have them throw in the Internet and the Beverage packages IF you can prove that this was on the website on the day you booked.

On June 10th, the following was on the Celebrity Website, we booked a

Royal suite on the Infinity...................now it's gone from the website and these amenities are only for the Reflection suite. What's up??

Special Amenities for Penthouse & Royal suites include:

• Separate whirlpool bathtub
  • Whirlpool on private veranda
  • Unlimited dining in all specialty restaurants including lunch, dinner, one Champagne High tea, and the "Five Senses" food and wine pairing dinner in Murano
  • Premium Beverage Package for each guest in the suite
  • Unlimited Internet access for up to six personal devices in the suite, plus complimentary Internet use for the iPad provided in the suite
  • Unlimited use of all items in the mini bar
  • Located in a private area on Deck 14 accessible only by guests carrying the suite's SeaPass® card
  • The entire private Reflection Suite and Signature Suite area can be booked as a whole, accommodating up to 26
  • Higher ceilings than our standard suites by 36.6%
  • Panoramic corner location with floor-to-ceiling sliding glass veranda door and window for maximum views
  • Sea view bathroom with cantilever shower
  • Balcony tubs with rain showers
  • Premium Reverie® Dream Sleep System™ customizable mattresses

I'm a little upset because no one at Celebrity knows what I'm talking about.

If you were unfamiliar with the Infinity then I feel bad for you, but it is an obvious error since the Infinity doesn't have many of the features indicated on the ship at all - including lack of a deck 14.

If the perks listed were important to you then I'd suggest you cancel and look for something else.

Hi and thanks for your comments. I agree it won't be worth the effort to fight it. The only things we were really excited about was the unlimited specialty dining and the internet.

I did print it off and it has the date on it, but I'm not going to make it an issue.

Hey - it's a Royal Suite....................how bad can it be!! :D

Hi and thanks for your comments. I agree it won't be worth the effort to fight it. The only things we were really excited about was the unlimited specialty dining and the internet.

I did print it off and it has the date on it, but I'm not going to make it an issue.

Hey - it's a Royal Suite....................how bad can it be!! :D

Good attitude. Endless complaining about things that can't be changed can ruin a vacation. It would be fun to be on any cruise with you, since you have the right attitude. Fix it if you can, if not - hey, it is a cruise! It is worth asking about the items you really want since they are possible, and conceding that the others were a mistake.

YEA!!!! I checked Celebrity's site this morning and for the first time in months the stateroom code appeared on the booking pages. Before this there was a ? in every code box. Hopefully they are working to upgrade and repair the rest of the site.AJTBqeghJFarAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

1550614456_ScreenShot2013-06-15at10_47_05AM.png.d9fdf8aaf5928fa8b4a84c08dca487de.png

Archived