Two days..........then Gem!!!

sandi1967

So excited! Our first time on NCL and I just cant wait!! It is my daughter and I going for her graduation.

We were just able to upgrade to a balcony for $140 with a $50 on board credit. She does not know that I switched our rooms.

So what is not to be missed on the Gem?

Thanks,

sandi

Congrats

We are all jealous of you ;)

Make sure you come back and do a full review

I have never been on the Gem but on her sister ship Jewel. The Jewel class ships have some very cool areas to hang out. If you are a steak lover, try Cagneys.

I have been reading it!! :) Love the pics!!!

sandi

oh yea i just answered your questions about atlantis... just uploaded more pics to my flickr if you wanna check them out... I'm still waiting for my friend to upload the pics on her camera too

So excited! Our first time on NCL and I just cant wait!! It is my daughter and I going for her graduation.

We were just able to upgrade to a balcony for $140 with a $50 on board credit. She does not know that I switched our rooms.

So what is not to be missed on the Gem?

Thanks,

sandi

Have an awesome time! That and the Jewel are ships that I really want to do one day. Congrats on the graduation.

You will have the best time, the Gem is our favorite ship. Don't miss the Pretzel Rolls!!

Teppanyaki is our favorite restaurant if you are up for doing a specialty dinner.

We have told the crew that we are going to try to buy our room as a Timeshare since we alwayas take the same cabin.

Hopefully Sinan is still the Cruise Director he is amazing.

Congrats on your daughters graduation.

You should have a beautiful sail away here on Saturday the weather is going to be perfect. If you have never sailed out of NYC make sure you are outside when you pass the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island and our beautiful 9/11 Memorial Tower.

Andrea

You will have the best time, the Gem is our favorite ship. Don't miss the Pretzel Rolls!!

Teppanyaki is our favorite restaurant if you are up for doing a specialty dinner.

We have told the crew that we are going to try to buy our room as a Timeshare since we alwayas take the same cabin.

Hopefully Sinan is still the Cruise Director he is amazing.

Congrats on your daughters graduation.

Andrea

I agree the pretzel rolls are delicious. My friend had never had them before and she's now hooked. I agree that the Gem is amazing. Another specialty I recommend is moderno.

Sinan will be on the gem until July so you will luckily have him. He is great, it always made our morning hearing his morning announcements.

Almost forgot to say congrats to your daughter!

The Gem was our first NCL cruise as well, and we really enjoyed how easy it was to get on and off the ship right in the middle of the city.

The concept of Freestyle dining was new to us (we had sailed with RCL only) so it was nice to truly be free to do whatever we wanted every night. Many nights we just went up to the Garden Cafe buffet, which was fine, and as others have said, the pretzel rolls are super. For breakfast, we really liked the sticky buns, too. We also really enjoyed the Blue Lagoon - a 24 hour restaurant (free) with snacks and light meals.

We were also lucky to have Sinan as CD. He's very visible but not in that "in your face" kind of way. They have a show on the last night called "Fountains". Check it out on YouTube to see if it's your kind of thing, as it might not be for everyone. I admit that I did laugh out loud, even though I'm not usually into that type of humor.

Have a great time, and congrats on the graduation!

Congrats on your daughter's graduation! This is a perfect present for her! The Gem has a nice lighted bowling alley, rock climbing, sports court, gigantic wii screen, water slides, a good variety of musicians, entertainment, and food. If you like chocolate, don't miss the chocolate croissants or chocolate crepes from the buffet. There is also a chocolate buffet one night! Pack an all white outfit for the white hot party.

I hope you have an awesome time! We enjoyed everything about the Gem when we were on her 11/2011. Definitely be on deck for the sail away! Seeing the Statue of Liberty was thrilling and now there's the 9/11 Memorial Tower. I'm having lots of fun planning our cruise on November 16, 2013 on the Gem and love the anticipation of it all. Have a great trip!

And congratulations on the graduation!

Congrats to your daughter and hope you'll enjoy your cruise. I never been on the Gem before but I love the Jewel. Had a real great time. It was my grand daughter first cruise and I ended up bringing her on another one three months later. She like cruising better than flying to Disney world.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived