Sun's cabin 8131

izmeeh

Will I hate this room? I never had an aft cabin before. Sometimes, I avoid the back of the ship due to the ship's vibration.

Here is a link to free site drag it decks

http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Main/dragit2.php?ship=Norwegian%20Sun

You can drag the decks lining up the stairs/elevators to see what is above and below you. I don't see any problem with the location. It will be a straight shot up the stairs or elevator to the garden cafe, sports bar and great outdoors on deck 11. Be sure to check out the Observation Lounge and its outside decks forward on deck 12. Fabulous place to be glacier watching or pulling in to ports.

Have a great cruise.

The Sun is very stable. Weather on our sailing (June 3rd) was fine and the seas were very smooth. If motion bothers you take one Meclizine HCL 25 mg (generic bonine) a day and you shouldn't have any problem. I take it when flying or doing train or road trips - rarely need it on cruise ships.

Thank you, kjquilts, for the comforting words. This cabin was listed on some websites as a cabin to avoid so I was nervous. Not much I can do now but to hope for the best and enjoy the cruise since I will be on it for 14 days. :)

You realise cabin 8131 is an inside right next to the staircase? This is why it is listed as a cabin to avoid. Wide staircases on ships are noisy and they vibrate.

It's not the aft-facing cabin.

Yes. I do realize that. Since I have booked a last minute guaranteed room, I don't really have a choice of room. I'll bring earplugs just in case. :)

• 2 weeks later...
This is interesting because that's the room I booked for my trip next year, June 2. I'm hoping it works out and I won't experience any problems, either because of noise or seasickness.

I just want to update you on this cabin. Of the three inside cabins that I have been in on this cruise (8131, 8313, 8323), this is the best cabin. Not only that it's bigger than the other two cabins, it's conveniently located near the elevators, stairs, restaurant, buffet and the theater. Noise wasn't an issue in this cabin. Cabin 8313 is another story. It's noisy, dirty and smelly.

Archived