Drink Package differences from Celebrity

This has probably already discussed, but a little help would be appreciated. I have been on RCCL a few times, but I am mostly a Celebrity person. I totally understand the Celebrity drink packages, but it seems its a little different on RCCL. The top of the line package on Celebrity includes almost everything- up to a certain per drink $ value. Includes bottled water, specialty coffee, etc,etc. If I am reading it right- those things are not included on the RCCL package. Am I correct. Could anyone give me a quick review on the differences between the two? THANKS

This has probably already discussed, but a little help would be appreciated. I have been on RCCL a few times, but I am mostly a Celebrity person. I totally understand the Celebrity drink packages, but it seems its a little different on RCCL. The top of the line package on Celebrity includes almost everything- up to a certain per drink $ value. Includes bottled water, specialty coffee, etc,etc. If I am reading it right- those things are not included on the RCCL package. Am I correct. Could anyone give me a quick review on the differences between the two? THANKS

You are correct, Royal gives no credit for purchasing a drink that is not included, you pay full price. No bottled water, no fresh squeezed juice, no specialty coffee. Wines are house only, and Royal does not commit to what "house" means, so you have to wait until you are on board before you know.

On the plus side, Royal's price includes gratuity.

Yes, the Celebrity package is a lot more inclusive than the RCI one as it includes juices, specialty coffees and premium bottle waters. The RCI package is really only an alcohol and soft drink package, with restrictions as well.

Celebrity does include the gratuity (on purchase this is added). Looking at RCI we decided it is not worth it for us to purchase one.

Some posters have said that they still have to sign a bill (showing a zero amount) presumably in case they wish to add another tip. It seems that this happens in some bars only and at others bar staff just swipe the card and no signing needed.

Archived