Interline rates for cargo employees is back!

tinlizzy

Carnival has once again added FedEx/UPS/DHL employees to their eligible list for interline rates! Woot!

I'm not sure when they changed this back (they discontinued eligibility for cargo employees in 2006) or if someone has already posted this info but I thought I'd share!

This is the current wording for interline rates;

Rate Code: PGI

Rate Name: INTERLINE EMPL-SEE PROGRAM RESTRICTIONS

Rate Terms: •Available to FULL TIME EMPLOYEES of: Passenger Airlines, Cruise lines, Amadeus,Amtrak, FAA, IATA, NACTA, Sabre, Worldspan/ALPA, CAA, Cargo companies and Travel Agents.

•Qualifying Interline employees are permitted to book one cabin under PGI/PGO fare code and up to two additional cabins under fare code PG3/PG4.

•Verification documents must be submitted for confirmed reservations within 72 hours for cruises outside one week prior to sailing and 24 hours for cruises within oneweek prior to sailing.

•Rates are commissionable at 10%.

Good news for you guys! Sucks they took you all off the list in the first place. However the bad news is that the interline rates aren't as good as they used to be a few years ago. I booked interline my last cruise because it was about $100 cheaper than early saver (single occupancy, so really $50 pp if 2 were in the room). Cruise before that though, interline was only $10 cheaper than ES, so we booked ES in case of price drops after final payment we could get obc. Sometimes the interline agencies might be a few dollars cheaper, but not always. I've never used one because I always get the best rate with my PVP. She has a copy of my airline badge on file in case I decide to book using the interline rate. If you have a good PVP, you should think about sending yours a copy.

I agree with you Gapearl! I work for an airline and with only one cruise with an interline rate.

Since I also travel solo on the majority, the rates they offer, even on the pack and go with the single supplement is often alot higher than Carnival, my travel agent, or with research on my own.

I also don't like the fact (this may had changed) that no say on location of cabin and no upgrades.

Consider it an option, but shop around for a better rate

I agree with you Gapearl! I work for an airline and with only one cruise with an interline rate.

Since I also travel solo on the majority, the rates they offer, even on the pack and go with the single supplement is often alot higher than Carnival, my travel agent, or with research on my own.

I also don't like the fact (this may had changed) that no say on location of cabin and no upgrades.

Consider it an option, but shop around for a better rate

You have a choice on cabin; my aunt used her interline rate last year for our S. Caribbean cruise and she chose her cabin.

Archived