Best cruise and cruise line for 16 month old - eastern Med

davejura

Hi everyone. We have cruised before but know this will be a whole new experience with our toddler. Looking for recommendations for which cruise line to go on that won't break the bank but that has at least the option of in cabin baby sitting so we can take in a couple of shows. We cannot believe the prices that some companies want to charge now we are a 2 plus 1!

If you're interested, here is my review of our eastern med on the NCL Jade from Feb/Mar of this year:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1807621

We were cruising with our 17 month old.

Unfortunately NCL offers very little for under 3-year-olds, but they do have their amazing 2-bdrm family suite, which is ideal if you can afford it - and it is very affordable in the off season.

Even though the lack of babysitting and child care was a bit of a drag, we still made it to almost every show with him and enjoyed our trip immensely..

OzCanuck- where did you take the photo of that sculpture?

OP- I have a 15mos old. To me "best price" and "best cruise line for tots" pulls in different directions.

Best Price- MSC kids under 11 sail free. We sailed them in the Mediterreanean although my tot wasn't born yet so it was just her older sister (3 yrs at the time). Some other lines offer those specials at certain times of the year. That is going to be the cheapest route. Best cruise line for tots would probably be RCL megas or Disney because the ships that have the nurseries offer the most for that age group.

Thanks both of you. 2 bedroom suite would be lovely, but until we win the lottery....!

MSC seems to be the front runner at the moment. I just wish they offered a bit more for little ones, as they are obviously trying to attract families with their pricing.

We don't mind paying up to 50% of the adult fare, so will keep looking. The frustrating thing is seeing all the fantastic deals around at the moment, but not getting a sniff at them due to the wee fellow! P & O and Cunard are the worst culprits!!

OzCanuck- where did you take the photo of that sculpture?

Hmmm... trying to figure out which sculpture you are talking about? If it's from my review, then it was probably on chocolate buffet night. If it's my posting photo, then it was Easter Island (been there twice, favourite place on earth, can't wait to take son there...)

Thanks both of you. 2 bedroom suite would be lovely, but until we win the lottery....!

Our total price for the 2bdrm, 11-day NCL cruise was $4,100 Canadian. Booked it about 4 weeks before I think. It was a great deal.....

Hmmm... trying to figure out which sculpture you are talking about? If it's from my review, then it was probably on chocolate buffet night. If it's my posting photo, then it was Easter Island (been there twice, favourite place on earth, can't wait to take son there...)

Easter Island! I knew I had seen it before. Note to self- add that to my must travel to list.:)

Hi

I've been searching for a cruise in a similar situation. Have booked Costa as my daughter will have just turned three.

However, I did spot that RCL had a few cruises in October where the 3rd passenger was cheaper than normal - believe it was from Rome (Navigator). At least with RCL you can have Aquatots and stay and play with your toddler?

Archived