Carib deck balcony/room pics?

SugarStar00

Looking to book a forward balcony room for a 10 day southern caribbean cruise on the Emerald for March 2014, I think I'm going to go with a room on the Carib deck, seems like a no brainer since the balcony is larger, but is the room smaller? Are there any cons to a room on this deck? I'd love to see some pics if you have them handy, I did a quick search and didn't come up with much for pictures. Thanks!!:D

Looking to book a forward balcony room for a 10 day southern caribbean cruise on the Emerald for March 2014, I think I'm going to go with a room on the Carib deck, seems like a no brainer since the balcony is larger, but is the room smaller? Are there any cons to a room on this deck? I'd love to see some pics if you have them handy, I did a quick search and didn't come up with much for pictures. Thanks!!:D
Cabin is a standard oceanview with a balcony so no difference in size or layout from any other oceanview or balcony cabin.

The Caribe balconies are preferred because they are much larger than standard balconies and are half-covered/half-uncovered so you get protection from sun/weather if you want and there's more privacy.

Here's a photo of my Caribe balcony on the Crown in February. The Emerald will be the same:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371490476.440375.jpg.c066f4ceb33f02b293f2bd698b42612b.jpg

Looking to book a forward balcony room for a 10 day southern caribbean cruise on the Emerald for March 2014, I think I'm going to go with a room on the Carib deck, seems like a no brainer since the balcony is larger, but is the room smaller?

You should be aware when booking a balcony cabin that those located on Caribe deck generally have the largest balconies of any regular cabin on the ship at about 9'x9' vs 9'x5' for cabins on other decks. The interior of the cabin will be the same as other regular (non-suite) cabins. The balconies on Caribe deck are half covered so you can be out in the sun or in the shade as you desire.

Our preference is a cabin from about mid-ship toward the aft end for the smoothest ride. Cabins aft of the aft elevator are very quiet since there is very little hallway traffic.

Lew

We actually prefer to get forward Caribe deck (BE) cabins. (I guess we are in the minority, but that is good for us, as those cabins don't fill up as fast and are cheaper). We really like that location. It tends to be quiet, and there may be a little more motion, but not really much more. And there are no annoying vibrations that you get in the aft sections. Maybe most people don't notice those vibrations, but we hate them. You should be fine in the fore section.

Archived