Radisson port canaveral

Dave4120

Hello...Our back 2 back cruises out of Port Canaveral aren't until next May, so, we have a little bit of time to reserve our hotel stay for the night prior to our cruise.

Because I have allergies and asthma, I always try to find a hotel that has newer, or remodeled rooms.

We were thinking of the Radisson at Cape Canaveral, or the Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn near the Orlando airport.

I've heard that the Radisson is or will be remodeling their rooms?? If anyone knows anything on whether that is true or not, it would be most helpful.

I have also read that the Hampton Inn is very nice and has nice rooms, and the Embassy Suites has a category of rooms that is designed for people that suffer from allergies etc.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Dave

There is a Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach, maybe four miles from the port. Get's high marks on cleanliness. Much closer than Orlando. Never stayed there but have booked it for July cruise. Oh, there is an Embassy Suite next door to the Hampton too.

There is a Hampton Inn at Cocoa Beach, maybe four miles from the port. Get's high marks on cleanliness. Much closer than Orlando. Never stayed there but have booked it for July cruise. Oh, there is an Embassy Suite next door to the Hampton too.

I don't think there is an Embassy Suites in Cocoa Beach.

We are staying at the Hampton Inn in Cocoa Beach in August. Please post a review after your cruise.

They are remodeling the radisson and have been for a while. Don't know what the new rooms look like but there is an country inn and suites and a residence inn beside of the radisson as well. Both are nice. All 3 stay are very popular with cruisers so I wouldn't wait till the last minute to book

My bad. I confused the Courtyard with the Embassy Suites

Ah, wish there was an Embassy Suites, I would happily cancel my Hampton Inn and switch to that.:p

To the OP, I wouldn't stay at the Radison if your allergies are bad. They have been upgrading rooms for a few years. It is an older property that they keep upgrading. The Residence Inn is a newer hotel, 2005 if I remember correctly. We have stayed there twice and would again. The Country Inn and Suites is also a newer hotel, so you might check there.

The Hampton Inn that the PP and I are staying at was updated in 2010 or there abouts. We are using points for our stay which is why we are there. We wanted the Residence Inn but they didn't have any rewards rooms available, neither did the Courtyard.

Thank-you to everyone who has responded so far. We are in no hurry once we arrive at Orlando Airport, and from what I have read since yesterday, and, I could be wrong, The Embassy Suites or Hampton Inn near the airport seem very nice, and very clean, especially the Embassy Suites. I reviewed their room write-ups, and it says they have a category where they make it sound like they deep clean this room category more or better than the other rooms. (That sure doesn't sound good does it?)

Anyway, I will look at the Residence Inn and Country Inn & Suites near the port too, and book something by this weekend. I suppose I can book one hotel in Orland near the airport and one near Port Canaveral, then continue to read the various reviews for the next several months. I can always cancel on of the room reservations about a month before the cruise.

Archived