23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

Half a pound is better than nothing, right? I went for 2 walks the past two days so proud of that but now we are supposed to have rain starting this afternoon lasting right through the weekend so there goes my walks.

I started a very strict (and controversial) diet yesterday and am down 2 pounds this morning woot woot. Had sautéed shrimp for dinner last night with a lemon garlic sauce. Shrimp are so low in calories and so darn tasty. Made a huge Caesar salad to go with it and some sliced tomatoes. It was delish. I'm at 133 and hope to get to 125 in the next few weeks. (that was my pre cruise weight) Once I hit 125 I'll work to get the last 10 off. My goal is 115. Seems easier to break it into two chunks than to try to do it all at once for some reason.

Hope everyone is having a happy Tuesday.

Oh, where are you packing for??

Med Cruise! Leaving on Monday! Two days in Barcelona, before boarding refurbished Equinox! Sooooo excited!

What is controversial about your new diet? Sounds like a good list of foods from your dinner choices. Something I would be eating on my low carb (when I'm faithfully doing it...:rolleyes:).

That doesn't sound like something to be messed with! Get that checked out and SOON!

All the best!

Thanks, it is better today and yesterday so will see how it goes for the next couple of days and then after a run on Sunday.:D

Med Cruise! Leaving on Monday! Two days in Barcelona, before boarding refurbished Equinox! Sooooo excited!

What is controversial about your new diet? Sounds like a good list of foods from your dinner choices. Something I would be eating on my low carb (when I'm faithfully doing it...:rolleyes:).

My first cruise was on the Equinox to the Med, my fave cruise hands down, ENJOY!! I'm drooling with envy.

My diet is "controversial" because it's very low calorie and a very limited list of foods you can eat, but the results are worth it. Down another pound this morning woot woot. 7 to go to get to my pre cruise weight thank goodness.

My first cruise was on the Equinox to the Med, my fave cruise hands down, ENJOY!! I'm drooling with envy.

My diet is "controversial" because it's very low calorie and a very limited list of foods you can eat, but the results are worth it. Down another pound this morning woot woot. 7 to go to get to my pre cruise weight thank goodness.

Good work, I see no controversy from where I sit.:D

Down two pounds today, so darn happy. I've lost 15 of the 20 I gained. My hard work is paying off. Having a nice steak dinner tonight with a Caesar salad. Yummy. Wish I could have a fully loaded baked potato to go with it lol. Going for a walk this afternoon if the rain holds off and hope to walk more this weekend.

Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend ahead?

Down two pounds today, so darn happy. I've lost 15 of the 20 I gained. My hard work is paying off. Having a nice steak dinner tonight with a Caesar salad. Yummy. Wish I could have a fully loaded baked potato to go with it lol. Going for a walk this afternoon if the rain holds off and hope to walk more this weekend.

Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend ahead?

Maybe some painting (not exciting though) if the weather holds out.:D

Hey girl - You've come a long way from your first trip on the Equinox. I see you've been bitten by the cruise bug. How are you? I can remember how many hours we spent chatting on this board pre-cruise, planning, packing and wardrobes :). Remember our grand entrance in Venice? It was awesome.....

No one to chat with on our upcoming cruise. A very quiet Roll call :confused:

Hey girl - You've come a long way from your first trip on the Equinox. I see you've been bitten by the cruise bug. How are you? I can remember how many hours we spent chatting on this board pre-cruise, planning, packing and wardrobes :). Remember our grand entrance in Venice? It was awesome.....

No one to chat with on our upcoming cruise. A very quiet Roll call :confused:

Doing well thanks. Long time no talk. Where is your next cruise to? Some of my roll calls are quiet too, but the cruises are pretty far off. And yes, it's been some time since our trip to the med. Have you cruised much since? I've been on ten lol and have 3 booked.

Doing well thanks. Long time no talk. Where is your next cruise to? Some of my roll calls are quiet too, but the cruises are pretty far off. And yes, it's been some time since our trip to the med. Have you cruised much since? I've been on ten lol and have 3 booked.

You've been busy and congrats on your nuptials!!!!

No, you need time and money Hahaha.. This will be our first cruise since the last Med and we are going back to the mediteranean. Monaco, Italian riviera (cinque terre), sicily, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia and Venice. Looking forward to it.....:cool:

You've been busy and congrats on your nuptials!!!!

No, you need time and money Hahaha.. This will be our first cruise since the last Med and we are going back to the mediteranean. Monaco, Italian riviera (cinque terre), sicily, Greece, Croatia, Slovenia and Venice. Looking forward to it.....:cool:

I'm dying to go back to the med, hopefully in 2016 if things go right. We mostly do Caribbean, just did panama canal too. Got married onboard the Summit, it was great. Your cruise sounds fantastic.

Down 1.5 pounds this morning but it doesn't really count cuz I gained 3.5 this past weekend, so I'm only losing what I gained. sigh the battle continues, it is such a struggle and I am feeling so overwhelmed by it and really down in the dumps. Warmer weather is just around the corner and my clothes don't fit. HELP.

Down 1.5 pounds this morning but it doesn't really count cuz I gained 3.5 this past weekend, so I'm only losing what I gained. sigh the battle continues, it is such a struggle and I am feeling so overwhelmed by it and really down in the dumps. Warmer weather is just around the corner and my clothes don't fit. HELP.

Don't stress, it will just make it worse.

I feel a reunion cruise in the med in 2016 coming on. We need to be in Athens around mid to late April (dates TBC) for a convention we will attend, so are looking at doing a med cruise just after so late April early May.:D

Don't stress, it will just make it worse.

I feel a reunion cruise in the med in 2016 coming on. We need to be in Athens around mid to late April (dates TBC) for a convention we will attend, so are looking at doing a med cruise just after so late April early May.:D

A reunion cruise is a definite must! Down another pound today so have lost 2 of the 3 pounds I lost and regained last week. So tired of this darn yo yo - ing. Up down up down it's been such a struggle. I just want to get the weight off and keep it off. Tough to do because this weekend we are out for dinner for DH's birthday on Saturday then have a Mother's Day bbq on Sunday sigh.

A reunion cruise is a definite must! Down another pound today so have lost 2 of the 3 pounds I lost and regained last week. So tired of this darn yo yo - ing. Up down up down it's been such a struggle. I just want to get the weight off and keep it off. Tough to do because this weekend we are out for dinner for DH's birthday on Saturday then have a Mother's Day bbq on Sunday sigh.

Enjoy the weekend and don't worry about the possible gain, just walk more as well.

I am looking at some of these MSC deals in the Med, they seem pretty good (almost half of X) and as the itineraries in the med are very port intensive, the ship may not matter as much. What are your thoughts.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

Enjoy the weekend and don't worry about the possible gain, just walk more as well.

I am looking at some of these MSC deals in the Med, they seem pretty good (almost half of X) and as the itineraries in the med are very port intensive, the ship may not matter as much. What are your thoughts.:D

Don't know if I'll make it out for a walk, supposed to have rain all weekend. We'll see. Happy to report I've lost the 3.5 pounds I gained and am down a pound this morning. 4 pounds to go to reach my first goal of my pre cruise weight. HOORAY. Now if I can only get through this weekend.

I've never even heard of MSC, will check it out. Are med itineraries out for 2016 already?

Don't know if I'll make it out for a walk, supposed to have rain all weekend. We'll see. Happy to report I've lost the 3.5 pounds I gained and am down a pound this morning. 4 pounds to go to reach my first goal of my pre cruise weight. HOORAY. Now if I can only get through this weekend.

I've never even heard of MSC, will check it out. Are med itineraries out for 2016 already?

good work.

MSC have a couple but mainly we are looking at 2015 itineraries as they quite often repeat the same cruise schedules each year.

Some examples - 7 day med cruise for $969-$1049 AUD with a balcony cabin http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx?Reg=MED&Port=&DateF=2015-04&Ship=&DateT=2015-04.

Just seems really cheap, it has 5 ports apart from start and finish so only one sea day so the ship itself is really only for meals and sleep.

Anyway we are looking at all options, we prefer X as we will have Elite status but a good itinerary and price will swing us away from X.:D

good work.

MSC have a couple but mainly we are looking at 2015 itineraries as they quite often repeat the same cruise schedules each year.

Some examples - 7 day med cruise for $969-$1049 AUD with a balcony cabin http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx?Reg=MED&Port=&DateF=2015-04&Ship=&DateT=2015-04.

Just seems really cheap, it has 5 ports apart from start and finish so only one sea day so the ship itself is really only for meals and sleep.

Anyway we are looking at all options, we prefer X as we will have Elite status but a good itinerary and price will swing us away from X.:D

Mic, Elite with X gives you automatic Diamond status for Royal Caribbean. They have been offering great deals lately and are worth looking into also. We actually prefer the perks on Royal more than X lately. Just sayin'.....

Mic, Elite with X gives you automatic Diamond status for Royal Caribbean. They have been offering great deals lately and are worth looking into also. We actually prefer the perks on Royal more than X lately. Just sayin'.....

We will be looking at all the cruise lines for the best overall package for us, that includes things like perks and status levels etc. We are trying Voyager of the Seas next Feb for a sampler cruise (3 nights) and if we enjoy it, we will certainly be back on RCL in the future.:D

We will be looking at all the cruise lines for the best overall package for us, that includes things like perks and status levels etc. We are trying Voyager of the Seas next Feb for a sampler cruise (3 nights) and if we enjoy it, we will certainly be back on RCL in the future.:D

We're sailing on Voyager OTS next Sunday (May 18-25) out of Galveston. Sister ship of Mariner OTS, our favorite ship. I'm hoping the Diamond Lounge on Voyager is a duplicate of the Mariner... we hung out in there more than any other place on board.