23 Sept 2013 - Hawaiian Solstice - LOSE 2 CRUISE.

MicCanberra

We're sailing on Voyager OTS next Sunday (May 18-25) out of Galveston. Sister ship of Mariner OTS, our favorite ship. I'm hoping the Diamond Lounge on Voyager is a duplicate of the Mariner... we hung out in there more than any other place on board.

Sounds good, have a great cruise!

We're sailing on Voyager OTS next Sunday (May 18-25) out of Galveston. Sister ship of Mariner OTS, our favorite ship. I'm hoping the Diamond Lounge on Voyager is a duplicate of the Mariner... we hung out in there more than any other place on board.

Have a great cruise and make sure you tell me if there is anything we should know for our cruise next year.:D

good work.

MSC have a couple but mainly we are looking at 2015 itineraries as they quite often repeat the same cruise schedules each year.

Some examples - 7 day med cruise for $969-$1049 AUD with a balcony cabin http://www.msccruises.com.au/au_en/Cruise-Departures/Find-Your-Cruise.aspx?Reg=MED&Port=&DateF=2015-04&Ship=&DateT=2015-04.

Just seems really cheap, it has 5 ports apart from start and finish so only one sea day so the ship itself is really only for meals and sleep.

Anyway we are looking at all options, we prefer X as we will have Elite status but a good itinerary and price will swing us away from X.:D

Happy to report I'm down another pound but going out for dinner tonight and not dieting while out dining. The diet can wait a day lol.

We prefer Celebrity to all other lines too, but travel on Royal occasionally. We are elite with Celebritiy as well, just got there actually and haven't had a cruise as elite yet so can't wait.

Royal does have a good deal on right now for 2015 & 2016 cruises where the second person goes for half price. We are looking for one for 2016 but there is a great cruise on Celebrity that goes to Tortola and Martinique, two ports we've never been to so it's a toss up.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, I'm at work right now, one hour to go thank goodness.

Happy to report I'm down another pound but going out for dinner tonight and not dieting while out dining. The diet can wait a day lol.

We prefer Celebrity to all other lines too, but travel on Royal occasionally. We are elite with Celebritiy as well, just got there actually and haven't had a cruise as elite yet so can't wait.

Royal does have a good deal on right now for 2015 & 2016 cruises where the second person goes for half price. We are looking for one for 2016 but there is a great cruise on Celebrity that goes to Tortola and Martinique, two ports we've never been to so it's a toss up.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, I'm at work right now, one hour to go thank goodness.

Yes, have been looking at RCI's BOGO 50% sale and unfortunately they do not show the med cruises for 2016. We have lots of time to make up our mind and truth be told we are not that fussy as to what the itinerary will be (first time in the med). We are also waiting for the exact dates in April for the BX convention, so until that gets announced we will not be booking anything.:D

Good Monday morning my fellow lose to cruisers. How goes the battle?

I am not monitoring at the moment, as I have not been dieting or indulging and exercise has been limited (due to my leg issues). Clothes do not feel tighter but I would imagine some weight gain. Will get into it again soon.:D

I am not monitoring at the moment, as I have not been dieting or indulging and exercise has been limited (due to my leg issues). Clothes do not feel tighter but I would imagine some weight gain. Will get into it again soon.:D

I'm still battling the up/down/up/down. I have 4.5 pounds to go to get to pre cruise weight and hope to do so sooner than later. Weather is nicer lately and I have no excuse not to go walking except nobody will go with me. Tried 3 people yesterday and they all shot me down. Guess I'll have to start going solo if need be.

Had lamb chops last night on the bbq for dinner, with a Caesar salad it was DEEEELISH. I love lamb chops. Wonder how many calories are in a chop.

I'm still battling the up/down/up/down. I have 4.5 pounds to go to get to pre cruise weight and hope to do so sooner than later. Weather is nicer lately and I have no excuse not to go walking except nobody will go with me. Tried 3 people yesterday and they all shot me down. Guess I'll have to start going solo if need be.

Had lamb chops last night on the bbq for dinner, with a Caesar salad it was DEEEELISH. I love lamb chops. Wonder how many calories are in a chop.

You will need to walk on your own. Lamb chops are too nice to have calories , it must be the salad if that meal has any.:p

Well I am very frustrated this morning. I barely ate ANYTHING yesterday. I was working and didn't have time and somehow I am up a pound and a half. SHEESH KA BOB!

Stop looking at the scales daily and then these weight fluctuating issues won't arise, this is why I weigh weekly. Same time (first thing Monday morning) each week. Try that method.:)

I managed a game of soccer yesterday with no ill effects, I took it very easy but the signs are good. The leg is behaving and I will test it again in a few days in a more rigorous game.:D

Stop looking at the scales daily and then these weight fluctuating issues won't arise, this is why I weigh weekly. Same time (first thing Monday morning) each week. Try that method.:)

I managed a game of soccer yesterday with no ill effects, I took it very easy but the signs are good. The leg is behaving and I will test it again in a few days in a more rigorous game.:D

I wish I could weigh in weekly but I can't. I am OBSESSED with the scales lol. I am down 2.5 pounds today thank goodness only 2.5 to go to reach my pre cruise weight goal. Then I want to lose those last stubborn 10. Doing it in chunks because it seemed easier to lose 20 then 10 to lose 30 all at once. The last 10 don't matter so much and they can come off as slowly or as quickly as they want lol. Managed to get in 2 walks yesterday which obviously did me well. Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? We just booked another cruise this one is in 2016 in March and goes to two new ports we've never been to, Tortola and Martinique. Can't wait.

I wish I could weigh in weekly but I can't. I am OBSESSED with the scales lol. I am down 2.5 pounds today thank goodness only 2.5 to go to reach my pre cruise weight goal. Then I want to lose those last stubborn 10. Doing it in chunks because it seemed easier to lose 20 then 10 to lose 30 all at once. The last 10 don't matter so much and they can come off as slowly or as quickly as they want lol. Managed to get in 2 walks yesterday which obviously did me well. Anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend? We just booked another cruise this one is in 2016 in March and goes to two new ports we've never been to, Tortola and Martinique. Can't wait.

Yes, breaking a large goal down can help, getting the walks in will really help. I take it the new cruise is Carribean, I thought you were possibly coming to the med with us in May or is that still a possibility as well.:D

Yes, breaking a large goal down can help, getting the walks in will really help. I take it the new cruise is Carribean, I thought you were possibly coming to the med with us in May or is that still a possibility as well.:D

Yes, the new cruise is in the Caribbean, and yes we still want to do the med sometime in 2016. Either late spring or early fall. Is anyone else onboard?

Who's up to what for the weekend? It's a long weekend for us Canucks and I am off for 3 days straight from both jobs and couldn't be happier.

Yes, the new cruise is in the Caribbean, and yes we still want to do the med sometime in 2016. Either late spring or early fall. Is anyone else onboard?

Who's up to what for the weekend? It's a long weekend for us Canucks and I am off for 3 days straight from both jobs and couldn't be happier.

Rosie has fallen for another cruise for Sept 2015, it is the Trans Atlantic on the Carribean Princess that Ron mentioned on FB and takes in Norway, Scotland and Iceland. There is a deal that seems really well priced and had flights included, it also takes in the cruise prior. Rosie has fired off an email to enquire further as this is another of those itineraries that is on our wish list.

BTW, this would not effect our med sailing in May of 2016 (whatever that ends up being).

Have a great weekend and enjoy the time off, we are meeting some friends from Sydney (bookcrossers) this afternoon at the usual pub and I have soccer tomorrow otherwise it is the usual housework both inside and out for the weekend.:D

Rosie has fallen for another cruise for Sept 2015, it is the Trans Atlantic on the Carribean Princess that Ron mentioned on FB and takes in Norway, Scotland and Iceland. There is a deal that seems really well priced and had flights included, it also takes in the cruise prior. Rosie has fired off an email to enquire further as this is another of those itineraries that is on our wish list.

BTW, this would not effect our med sailing in May of 2016 (whatever that ends up being).

Have a great weekend and enjoy the time off, we are meeting some friends from Sydney (bookcrossers) this afternoon at the usual pub and I have soccer tomorrow otherwise it is the usual housework both inside and out for the weekend.:D

Well a productive weekend.

I played soccer and not only did I get through the game without an injury or re -occurrence of one, I also scored 4 goals out of the 6 to win 6-4.

we have also booked the Caribbean Princess cruise - 23 nights B2B London to Norway and then Iceland through to New York starting 29 August 2015. Looking forward to this itinerary as it is one we have been looking at for a while.

The April/May 2016 Med cruise will still be in the mix as well, just waiting for the itineraries to be released.:D

Well a productive weekend.

I played soccer and not only did I get through the game without an injury or re -occurrence of one, I also scored 4 goals out of the 6 to win 6-4.

we have also booked the Caribbean Princess cruise - 23 nights B2B London to Norway and then Iceland through to New York starting 29 August 2015. Looking forward to this itinerary as it is one we have been looking at for a while.

The April/May 2016 Med cruise will still be in the mix as well, just waiting for the itineraries to be released.:D

Hey, congrats on scoring 4 goals, that's great Mic. Your teammates must have been thrilled.

And hooray for you booking yet another cruise. How many cruises have you been on and how many do you do a year? How do you get so much time off for such long cruises btw? I'm drooling with envy.

Hey, congrats on scoring 4 goals, that's great Mic. Your teammates must have been thrilled.

And hooray for you booking yet another cruise. How many cruises have you been on and how many do you do a year? How do you get so much time off for such long cruises btw? I'm drooling with envy.

Check out my signature block for how many we have done, Eleven I think, as some were B2Bs, we have five more booked. We get 4 weeks a year holiday leave that we can take at half pay if we wish. We also get Long service leave (after 10 years service we get 3 months leave), this can also be taken at half pay. Any leave can be taken in bits and pieces, coinciding with public holidays and such, we can take leave without pay as well. This is why the wages are higher in Australia, to pay for these type conditions.

BTW, Rosemary may be retiring (temporarily) soon, so then she will have lots of time to cruise.:D

Hello, everyone. I'm back home and I weighed. The good news is that I am several pounds lower than when I left a month ago. I walked 45 minutes every day and I am sticking to this regimen now that I am home. :)

The bad news is that I am at least 5 pounds heavier than I was a week ago. I am very frustrated with myself. Three weeks of effort and I blew it in one week! :( There was Mother's Day and 2 birthdays and lots of stuff going on and I just totally blew it. Our son is still out of work. We went to help with the children, so he would be able to fully devote himself to job-hunting. There is a lot of stress and I don't do stress well. :eek:

However, I am just going to jump back on the wagon and keep up the walking and add water aerobics and be happy I didn't gain weight. :D

Hello, everyone. I'm back home and I weighed. The good news is that I am several pounds lower than when I left a month ago. I walked 45 minutes every day and I am sticking to this regimen now that I am home. :)

The bad news is that I am at least 5 pounds heavier than I was a week ago. I am very frustrated with myself. Three weeks of effort and I blew it in one week! :( There was Mother's Day and 2 birthdays and lots of stuff going on and I just totally blew it. Our son is still out of work. We went to help with the children, so he would be able to fully devote himself to job-hunting. There is a lot of stress and I don't do stress well. :eek:

However, I am just going to jump back on the wagon and keep up the walking and add water aerobics and be happy I didn't gain weight. :D

Glad to have you back, don't worry to much about putting on 5 pounds over 4 weeks, that is not that much (trust me). Anyway, back into the exercise and it will shed quickly. Hope your son gets something soon and things work out for everyone.:D

Glad to have you back, don't worry to much about putting on 5 pounds over 4 weeks, that is not that much (trust me). Anyway, back into the exercise and it will shed quickly. Hope your son gets something soon and things work out for everyone.:D

Thanks, Mic. It wasn't 5 pounds over 4 weeks that bothered me. It was 5 pounds in one week after staying on so carefully and losing 7 or 8 pounds the 3 weeks before. It is like one step forward and two back. It makes me feel out of control and definitely screws up meeting my goal by October. But all you can do is go right back on and keep plugging away.

Hi guys,

Can I jump in here? It's time to get serious, signed up for WW online this morning. I'm up over 10 lbs since our Hawaii cruise, everything is tight and uncomfortable. It was a long and bad winter!

Welcome back, it is time to get moving, so jumping in is good. I hope it goes well but remember it is the exercise that does most of the work in getting it off.:D

My sister and I are attempting to start jogging. Did 6 x 2 minutes today during our 55 minute dog walk. I walk 45-60 minutes per day most days so in my case, it's the food, LOL. Portions, indulging too often in the things that should be treats. That's why I like WW online, it forces me to think about everything I eat and decide if it's worth it.

I made the snap decision to start today, but last night I had prepared chicken thighs to marinate overnight. Man they're fattening! I had to cook them, and I have a lot left over because I had planned to keep some for lunches. I had to forgo my glass of wine tonight to somewhat compensate for it, the horror! 😱😄

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

My sister and I are attempting to start jogging. Did 6 x 2 minutes today during our 55 minute dog walk. I walk 45-60 minutes per day most days so in my case, it's the food, LOL. Portions, indulging too often in the things that should be treats. That's why I like WW online, it forces me to think about everything I eat and decide if it's worth it.

I made the snap decision to start today, but last night I had prepared chicken thighs to marinate overnight. Man they're fattening! I had to cook them, and I have a lot left over because I had planned to keep some for lunches. I had to forgo my glass of wine tonight to somewhat compensate for it, the horror!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

The sacrifices we make, sometimes I don't know if it is worth it.:rolleyes:

Don't worry, the extra cardio will help.:D