Soft drinks pre pay package

hardydog

My wife and I are taking our first Cunard Cruise on the Queen Victoria on the 3rd August. My question being how does the soft drinks package work. My wife is teetotal but I like the odd glass of beer and wine. Can we buy the one soft drink package and what does this include. :)

Cheers Hardydog

From ask Cunard's FAQ...

Soft Drinks Package

The Cunard soft drinks package (Coca Cola, Diet Coke, Sprite, Tonic Water & fruit juices (Orange, Apple, Grapefruit, Pineapple, Tomato & Cranberry.) is available at $6.50 per day (+ 15% gratuity charges)

A minimum of four days purchase is required, and the package must be purchased for the entire voyage. For example - For a 2 night voyage, the cost would be $26 (+15%) , a 4 night voyage would be $26 (+15%) , a 14 night voyage would be $91 (+15%)

Guests who purchase this package are entitled to receive unlimited soft drinks and juices in a glass in any of the restaurants and cocktail bars. The package does not extend to bottled water, in cabin beverage service or to any other non alcoholic beverages in bars.

This package may only be purchased on board. Please speak with Reception once onboard.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

Yes I thought it is reasonable till I figured out what it will cost for my 94 day World Voyage, over $700. :eek::eek::( On my last cruise I averaged around 6 per day so I do make out on the deal.

Don

I considered the soft drinks package and decided against it, mainly because it would apply to me only...I couldn't order soft drinks for anyone else on my package. Glad I decided not to go for it, as my soft drinks bill was much less than the package cost. I got most of my soft drinks in the Lido anyway, where they are free to all.

I got most of my soft drinks in the Lido anyway, where they are free to all.

Is this true on all Cunard ships all the time? Never heard or saw anything about this before.

Don

Is this true on all Cunard ships all the time? Never heard or saw anything about this before.

Don

They are free from the cold drinks dispensers next to the tea / coffee machines, but if you order them from one of the bar waiters who patrol the Lido, then you'll have to pay.

I just came back from the TA crossing on the QM2. We are glad that we didn't order the soft drink package. I seldom drink any soft drink, I am just happy with water and wine.

On QM2, you can get these in the Kings Court: (self service restaurant)

water, ice tea, different juices, many kind of tea, coffee, hot chocolate. I even took a cup of tea to my room after the show at night.

In the Britannia:

During breakfast the juices are free (not sure if they charge if you want a glass of juice during lunch/dinner) coffee, milk and tea are also free.

During lunch/dinner, my husband ordered Cranberry juice and Lemonade, we were not charged. But when he ordered the Lemonade in the Golden Lion, they asked for the charge/key card. Ice water is provided.

We've ordered tea and coffee for room service, also free.

We had beer, cocktails and wine during lunch/dinner. The price is very reasonable IMO. It's even much cheaper than most of the 5* hotels.

I think only if you can't live without bubble drinks, then you should order the package.

Don

It's the first I've heard about it, also. I knew there were juice machines but have never heard about soft drink machines on Cunard.

To avoid any further confusion, I only drank fruit juices in the Lido. I classed them as soft drinks because Cunard refer to them in their Soft Drinks Package. I did order proper soft drinks in some of the bars, but my drinks bill never even came to half the price of the Soft Drinks Package that I almost bought. Our original intention was that I got the Soft Drinks Package and used it to buy occasional soft drinks for my wife as well, but apparently that's not permitted and is "rigorously enforced".

I'm allergic to alcohol, but managed perfectly well on tap water and free fruit juice along with the odd soft drink.

I guess the value for money of anyone's drinks package will depend on how much they can consume during the length of their cruise.

Enjoy your cruise.

Archived