Do the Royal Priness Balcony Partitions Open

Psychedout

They do open and are locked by a special tool. One of ours kept banging and the steward fixed it

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks we have friends sailing with us, now we can have more balcony space:D

Hugh:)

More room for folks to stand single file on those spacious balconies!!!! :D:D:rolleyes::)

Love it! That is why we PREFER the Golden, and sister ships! And, especially love the Caribe balconies.

Even better....return the comfortable deck chairs! and I'm ready to sail.....:D

Love it! That is why we PREFER the Golden, and sister ships! And, especially love the Caribe balconies.

Even better....return the comfortable deck chairs! and I'm ready to sail.....:D

Agreed!! Caribe balconies rock!!! :D

They open flat against the non opening side of the balcony door.

Also, I dont understand why people who post answers on these threads dont answer the question but instead just use the opportunity to put over their negative thoughts. If you dont know the answer why post?

Not sure if it is the same for the Royal, but on other princess ships you can usually tell if the balcony dividers will open by the numbering of the staterooms. If there is a gap in the numbering (i.e. 402, 404, then jumps to 408) the divider between the first two (402 and 404) will open but the divider where the gap is (404 and 408) will not.

Do they have to stay open? Our friends have the next door cabin, but sometimes we like quiet time on our own balcony, and sometimes we like to sit together.

My dh and I use the balcony as our place to go out and read if one wakes up well before the other. Might want the divider closed then.

Do they have to stay open? Our friends have the next door cabin, but sometimes we like quiet time on our own balcony, and sometimes we like to sit together.

My dh and I use the balcony as our place to go out and read if one wakes up well before the other. Might want the divider closed then.

There is a special lock and you'd have to call your cabin steward every time you want the door opened or closed. For privacy, you could unhook the door and partially close it with a chair holding it (not sure if this would work because ship's movement could move the chair) or just close your sheer curtains as a signal to your friends.

Archived